cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slopez
Level: Powered On

Problems when triggering flows from a Sharepoint List

Problems when triggering flows from a Sharepoint List I have a flow that gets executed when a file on sharepoint is created or modified. It's supposed to trigger then, but it won't trigger until the 2nd action/modification instead of 1 trigger per action. The flow is automated to run on every change/modification & I notice the flow triggers every 2nd action, and it sends the data for both the 1st & 2nd action. So every 2 actions the flow is triggered instead of doing it on every pass, so action 2 triggers it, then 4th, 6th and so on. And if I make 1 change and wait a certain amount of time and make a 2nd change, then none will trigger unless I run a 3rd change shortly after (which would count as the 2nd change in a row)

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
AndrzejSU

Re: Problems when triggering flows from a Sharepoint List

I have notices that creation trigger is not usually fired if a file is copied within Sharepoint. In case it copied from other source - like my PC local hard disk - usually trigger fires.

Therefore I use the solution which does not rely on these triggers, but instead uses a scheduled process to search for changes in sharepoint folders or for sharepoint lists uses trigger fired by list item column value modification.

hope this helps

regards

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Slopez,

Could you please share the trigger configuration? Did you configure the setting of the trigger?

And what's the type of the column modified?

Annotation 2019-10-10 150510.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Slopez

Hi @v-litu-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 85 members 5,321 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: