cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Recurrence ran at unscheduled time when turned on

I have a flow that I copied "save a copy" option. When a flow is copied like this it is turned off. I made my edits to the flow and then saved it. Then I went to turn the flow on so that it will send in the morning since the flow has recurrence set for 6AM EST every weekday. However, when I turned it on it ran. This was really not good because the flow sent an email distribution to 200 people at 11PM. 

The recurrence settings are correct because I did not edit them and the flow it was copied from worked perfectly.

beta run prematurely.PNGbeta run prematurely scheduler.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Recurrence ran at unscheduled time when turned on

Hi @applegaming ,

This is the case when Recurrence is used as a trigger.

When using Recurrence as the trigger, after saving the Flow, Flow will run automatically once, regardless of the trigger time set by Recurrence.

This also includes setting the state of a copy of a similar Flow to turn on.

You could avoid this by setting Start time so that Flow will only fire automatically every day after a specified time.

Image reference:5.PNG

Please try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @applegaming ,

When using Recurrence as the trigger, after saving the Flow, Flow will run automatically once, regardless of the trigger time set by Recurrence.

You could avoid this by setting Start time so that Flow will only fire automatically every day after a specified time.

Image reference:5.PNG

Please try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for getting back to me. I will be ure to use the "Start time" feature in the future.

If flow is set to run automatically by design the first time it is saved without informing the user, it should probably be changed because it is unintuitive and performing actions not explicitly authorized by the user seems like poor design. If any recurrence is set the implication is that the flow will run only at those times.

@v-bacao-msft wrote:

Hi @applegaming ,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,083)