cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
dcmayhew
Level: Powered On

Redmine API calls fail

The Redmine connection doesn't properly append the endpoint to the URL. For example, if the base URL is defined as  redmine.my.org and the action is to create an issue, the endpoint is /issues but the task fails and in the error message it shows the URL with endpoint as redmine.my.orgissues instead of redmine.my.org/issues. We've attempted to add the trailing backslash when we configure the connection's URL, but it gets stripped out.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Redmine API calls fail

Hi @dcmayhew,

 

Would you please share a screenshot for the corresponding field that you are working with?

If you mean the site URL part when creating the corresponding connection, then it should be the top site, which should be without the backslash.

61.PNG

 

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dcmayhew
Level: Powered On

Re: Redmine API calls fail

Thank you for replying. I understand that the base URL should not include the trailing backslash when I configure the connection. The issue here is that when the flow uses the connection to hit an endpoint, /issues, for example, it doesn't include the backslash so the resulting full URL becomes my.redmine.orgissues instead of my.redmine.org/issues. Does that make sense?

 

Here's the JSON error I get back that clearly shows a malformed URL:

 

Capture.PNG

Korhonen
Level: Power Up

Re: Redmine API calls fail

I was doing a little digging with dcmayhew on testing this 'preview' connector.  Based on futher info, it looks like the what we found is the connector ran the API call against the non-ssl version of our site.  http://redmine.fso.arizona.edu instead of https://redmine.fso.arizona.edu even though the SSL version was specified in the connector settings.  Since our webhost redirects non-ssl to ssl, a 302 redirect was the reponse to the API call.  So I guess the bug is really, the Redmine API preview connector doesn't work over SSL?

MaHa
Level: Power Up

Re: Redmine API calls fail

Same here.

We defined the https URL on out connection, but the service is requesting http, gets an redirect and fails. The funny thing is, on our first flow test yesterday everything was working ok. Unfortunatelly we deleted the working flow...

 

So either yesterday the Redmine connector redirect was working correct or it did a https request.

@v-micsh-msft: Any help here? We really like to use the service and it worked in the first place, but now it is useless...

lanilukas
Level: Power Up

Re: Redmine API calls fail

Same issue here, this would help us a lot...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (8,928)