cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Repeting section with word connector shows the same value several times

Hi,

I'm trying to use repeting section with the word connector to populate a word document but there is a display issue.

My data (sent through POST API):

env1/app

env2/app2

My data in the resulting word document

env1/app

env1/app

If I use the "Convert to PDF" action after, the result in the PDF is correct. But I need to be able to modify the word document after the flow execution so the PDF is not a solution.

The issue is the same as the one in this Youtube Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYs-SnflUpQ @19'45"

Thanks in advance for the help you can provide,

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Charles-Antoine,

The idea would be to have a simple Flow where you would store the response of your HTTP request in a variable (e.g. using Compose action), and then after running the Flow you could evaluate the Flow to understand if the values are being passe correctly through the HTTP request.

However, upon searching through other community post I can see other users facing the same problem, which may indicate some undesired behavior from the connector.

There exist some connectors that can be used to convert PDF files back into word (Encodian), which could help understand if this could be an option or not. However, these services are only free to a certain extent so I can't assure it being a long term solution for this issue.

As such my suggestion for this would be to raise a ticket to Microsoft support through https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support, in order to raise awareness of this behavior you are experience so it can be Troubleshooted in more depth.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Charles-Antoine

Could you show a screenshot of the Flow that you are using, alongside the actions that you implemented? 

A workaround that comes to my mind would be to send your data from the POST API into a variable to make sure it is being processed correctly, and only then populating the Microsoft Word file.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ricardo

Hi @rimatos ,

Thanks for your reply.

Here is the curl command I'm using :

curl --header "Content-Type: application/json" --request POST --data "{"client":"xyz","source":"xyz","cible":"xyz","AppliExec":["env1/app","env2/app2"]}" "https://prod-89.westeurope.logic.azure.com:443/workflows/xxx/triggers/manual/paths/invoke?api-version=2016-06"

Here is the screenshot of my Flow:

Flow_Word_Part1.pngFlow_Word_Part2.png

And a screenshot of the Word part :

Extrait_Word.png

And the result in Word

Résultat_Word.png

And the result in PDF

Résultat_PDF.png

I'm not sure to understand your workaround, if you have an example.

Thank you for your help.

Hi @Charles-Antoine,

The idea would be to have a simple Flow where you would store the response of your HTTP request in a variable (e.g. using Compose action), and then after running the Flow you could evaluate the Flow to understand if the values are being passe correctly through the HTTP request.

However, upon searching through other community post I can see other users facing the same problem, which may indicate some undesired behavior from the connector.

There exist some connectors that can be used to convert PDF files back into word (Encodian), which could help understand if this could be an option or not. However, these services are only free to a certain extent so I can't assure it being a long term solution for this issue.

As such my suggestion for this would be to raise a ticket to Microsoft support through https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support, in order to raise awareness of this behavior you are experience so it can be Troubleshooted in more depth.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,858)