cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Run history - not showing history older than three weeks

Hi,

I have an approval flow connected on SharePoit list. Whenever a request raised in SharePoint list, an approval flow using MS flow starts.

I have a requirement to download run history for all the request. But when I search the run history for a request older than 3 weeks, I'm unable to see this in my flow. also, download csv for all runs only downloading the run history for recent three weeks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Rakhi Jain

17 REPLIES 17

I agree. We got ready to do our first PA run and after six weeks of design and testing we realized that we could not find flows from the first two weeks. We thought something was wrong. Then I saw that the Analytics portion also is limited to 30 days. 

It would help if MS created an option for the flows run data to be automatically downloaded at set intervals. Otherwise, I suppose we'd need to create a flow to save the flow run info? 

-Doug Petroshius

Mhak
Helper I
Helper I

Also, if there are any approvals, we need to be able to see the audit trail to make sure that if there are any issues at all in the future, we have proof of who really did the approval. Downloading the CSV file does not prove anything at all. It just shows what happened like Succeeded, Skipped, but no details like the one on the actual flow. 

nbharati

I have the same issue and it is very very inconvenient and really makes it useless for business processes running more than 28 days. What happens to the running flows, are they simply deleted? Can't believe this? Microsoft you need to find a better way !!

Potr100
Frequent Visitor

You can write the logs to an addional list/library and keep them as long as you want.

Is this a manual exercise? I guess what we are trying to achieve is very minimal human input because it may make the integrity of those records questionable. 

Potr100
Frequent Visitor

You can add an action to the approval flow. If yes ->Create file to a Library and add the Approval information.

Spoiler

dhruvmathur
Advocate I
Advocate I

Maybe if functionality is built into Flow to notify the Flow owners that a particular run is approaching 30 days, maybe the Flow owner can take action on it. Right now, the Flow run just disappears, without any warning, which causes a lot of confusion. I spent the last few hours trying to figure out why some of my approvals were not going through and approvers claiming they had nothing to approve. 

Mohandar
Frequent Visitor

We are facing same issue, and what will happen to flow which are still running for more than 28 Days. we cant see the history so we can not tell if it is still running or canceled or Failed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Users online (1,536)