cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
phermany
Level: Powered On

Salesforce - Update Record connector overwriting OwnerId for Case objects

We've noticed an issue with the "Salesforce - Update Record" connector where the OwnerId property of the Case object is being overwritten with the id of the Flow user.

We've tried leaving the OwnerId null, and we've also tried setting the OwnerId property to the dynamic value of the input OwnerId.  In both cases, the value of the OwnerId is set to the id of the Flow user.

Included screenshot #1: shows the inputs with the correct OwnerId ending in 'AAQ'

salesforce-update-item-input.png

Included screenshot #2: shows the outputs of the same action where the OwnerId is being set to an id ending in 'QAE'

salesforce-update-item-output.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bland
Level: Power Up

Re: Salesforce - Update Record connector overwriting OwnerId for Case objects

I've also had the same issue and found out what is happening in my case. It may also be the reason you are having trouble, so try what I did out in a sandbox environment and let me know if it fixed your issue.

Since Flow updates records via API, any cases that get updated this way will always be subject to Case Assignment Rules. When a case that is edited via API does not meet any Case Assignment Rules, it will be assigned to the Default Case Owner, configurable in Support Settings.

Since I did not have any Case Assignment Rules that matched the criteria I was creating with my Update record action, it was assigning the case to the Default Case Owner... So what I did was I created a Case Assignment Rule entry that matched what I did in my Update record action (in my case it was Escalated=true):

UpdateRecordAction.PNGUpdate Record Action

UpdateRecordEscalated.PNGMy Update

Then I created an entry in my already existing Case Assignment Rule for Escalated = True and made sure to check the box for "Do not Reassign Owner"

CaseAssignmentRule.PNG

When I did that, it did not re-assign the owner to the default case owner. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @phermany,

Thanks for feedback.

It seems that the input and output of the ownerid are different though, the flow runs succeed.

Could you check the ownerid in Salesforce? What it exactly is before the flow runs and after the flow runs?

I will help confirm it on my side.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
phermany

Before the Flow runs, the OwnerId is correctly set in Salesforce to 005i0000007y5gKAAQ.

After the Flow runs, the OwnerId is overwritten with the value 0050H000008aKpvQAE, which is the unique id of the Salesforce User we used as credentials for the Salesforce Connector.

We've tried two configurations with the same results:

1. We've tried excluding the OwnerId value in the "Update Record" action. The value is blank, and yet the Flow sets the value to '0050H000008aKpvQAE'.

2. We've tried setting the OwnerId value to a dynamic value of the triggerBody OwnerId property.  We would expect that this would set the OwnerId to the original input value, but it uses the '0050H000008aKpvQAE' value instead.

Thank you for looking into this.

MCole1

I have the same exact issue. Were you able to find a solution?

phermany

Unfortunately no. We've opted to use an existing ETL process to update our DW, then push to Salesforce from there. In our situation, the clobbering of the Salesforce data causes downstream headaches we couldn't ignore.
bland

I've also had the same issue and found out what is happening in my case. It may also be the reason you are having trouble, so try what I did out in a sandbox environment and let me know if it fixed your issue.

Since Flow updates records via API, any cases that get updated this way will always be subject to Case Assignment Rules. When a case that is edited via API does not meet any Case Assignment Rules, it will be assigned to the Default Case Owner, configurable in Support Settings.

Since I did not have any Case Assignment Rules that matched the criteria I was creating with my Update record action, it was assigning the case to the Default Case Owner... So what I did was I created a Case Assignment Rule entry that matched what I did in my Update record action (in my case it was Escalated=true):

UpdateRecordAction.PNGUpdate Record Action

UpdateRecordEscalated.PNGMy Update

Then I created an entry in my already existing Case Assignment Rule for Escalated = True and made sure to check the box for "Do not Reassign Owner"

CaseAssignmentRule.PNG

When I did that, it did not re-assign the owner to the default case owner. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,117)