cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anabananei Helper III
Helper III

Same Sender and Recipient after Approval

Hello,

I created a flow wherein job owner approves a task and sends an email to the task owner of the approval status. However, once the job owner approves/rejects the task, the recipient and the sender are named after the task owner wherein the sender of the email should have been the project owner. 

I have a similar flow that I created months ago but I have no issues about it. Please refer to my flow below: 

approval.jpg

Thank you!

A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Same Sender and Recipient after Approval

Hi @anabananei,

Please take the following doc for a reference:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/give-mailbox-permissions-to-another-user-in-office-365-admi...

To send an email on behalf of another people, you should have access to another user’s mailbox.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anabananei,

Thanks for providing the screenshot.

Do you want to send out the email from the project owner account?

You said that the you have a similar flow which has no issues about it, will it send the email named after the project owner?

I will test this issue on my side.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
anabananei Helper III
Helper III

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

Yes, the project owner should appear as the sender since the approval is assigned to him/her. What happens is that if the project owner approved/reject the task using Approvals, the email is sent to the requestor however, the sender is also under the name of the requestor and not the project owner (who approved/reject the project.)

Thank you for your response.

Ana

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anabananei,

It can be reproduced on my side now.

In the Send an email action, please input Approval email in the From (Send as) field. Then the email will be sent out on behalf of the approver but not the requester.

1.PNG

Please take a try with it.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

anabananei Helper III
Helper III

Hello @v-yamao-msft,

Thank you for your response.

I am unable to reproduce. Turns out I need to delegate access on my user account. I get the error:

"Send_an_email doesn't have permissions to send an email using the value specified in the From (Send as) field."

Can I do this myself or should I ask the IT personnel about it?

Thank you,

Ana

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anabananei,

Please take the following doc for a reference:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/give-mailbox-permissions-to-another-user-in-office-365-admi...

To send an email on behalf of another people, you should have access to another user’s mailbox.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (7,762)