cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_Jay

Send an Email (V2) deletes hyperlink

Utilizing Send an Email (V2) to sending a hyperlink for a Microsoft Forms survey.  I configured the Flow action and the hyperlink clicked save 2x and moved on. Started getting complaints that no link was on the email. Went back to the flow action the text was there but no hyperlink. I readded the link and went to fix the other flows using this and they were all the same.  Went back to the first one fixed and the hyperlink was gone again.

12 REPLIES 12
bchager6
Helper I
Helper I

Not sure if this will help, but I was experiencing something similar after pasting a link to a Power BI App. After I pasted it I found that a portion of the link would get truncated in the Send an email (v2) step. What worked was selecting "copy link" after selecting the URL I wanted to paste instead of selecting "copy." After I pasted the link in that way, it worked.

mtbaker28
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for this thread, I used the string variable to work around that bug.

Ian-Murphy
Frequent Visitor

Before building a string, I tested a theory and it worked.

As near as I can tell, the Send an Email (V2) task can only hold so many links before it get confused? My last link kept disappearing, so I tried a simple workaround. After I created my "last" link, I created one more on some random text below, saved the flow, left it and came back. When I returned, my fake last link was gone, but my actual last link was still there.

Go figure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,941)