cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Send an Email (V2) deletes hyperlink

Utilizing Send an Email (V2) to sending a hyperlink for a Microsoft Forms survey.  I configured the Flow action and the hyperlink clicked save 2x and moved on. Started getting complaints that no link was on the email. Went back to the flow action the text was there but no hyperlink. I readded the link and went to fix the other flows using this and they were all the same.  Went back to the first one fixed and the hyperlink was gone again.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Send an Email (V2) deletes hyperlink

Hi @Mr_Jay ,

If you want to send a link with "Send an Email" action, you could take a try with format below in the "Send an Email" action:

<A HREF="TheSharedLinkhere">CustomTexthere</A>

And you could refer to link below to learn more about using the hyperlink in flow when send the email:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/How-to-insert-a-quot-Clck-Here-quot-in-an-email/t...

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Annotation 2019-11-14 111734.png

I added the hyperlink using the tool bar circled above.  The hyperlink is added. I click save and go back, the link is gone.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm having this exact same problem. I have been able to get it to work sometimes by deleting the email Send an Email (V2) and re-creating it. However, that isn't always working.

Did you ever resolve this problem?

Highlighted

Never a fix but using a workaround I got it working.

I did the whole body of the email in the HTML format and not using the editor.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I faced the same issue. Tried everything but link was disappearing every time. Then I tried below and it worked:

I created the actual link that I needed in my email body and then created a dummy link also in the mail body. After saving the flow, dummy link gets disappear as usual but the old link(actual link) stays.

This is a very stupid workaround but worked for me. Hope someone finds it helpful. But it's very surprising why Microsoft have not resolve this issue yet.

Have a nice day!

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I have so much trouble with this. Flow is constantly removing or corrupting hyperlinks. Some customers think I am brain-damaged because I keep fixing and re-fixing simple links and yet their emails are always wrong. There is definitely a bug here. It's not just the add-link menu option. Editing in HTML does not protect you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,573)