cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_Sanchez
Advocate I
Advocate I

Send an Email (v2) not saving HTML code

It seems there was a recent update to Power Automate. Since then, Send an Email (v2), when formatting the body using HTML code, saving the action retains the content of the email but all HTML formatting and code is wiped out and you're left with plain text. Anyone else encountering this and is there a workaround/solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alan_Sanchez
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @ericonline - the best method I have found to avoid this is to place all HTML code in a Compose action and add the dynamic value output of the compose item to the body of the email action. Be careful to insert the Compose output into the code view (highlighted in screenshot), else PA will place your HTML inside a <p></p> which may break your HTML. Be it annoying, it has helped prevent Microsoft's change from erasing my HTML body.   Hope this helps!

Alan_Sanchez_0-1625774386106.png

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alan_Sanchez ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of the flow and share the HTML code so we could reproduce the issue?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply @v-alzhan-msft 

Shouldn't need a screenshot to reproduce, just create an action to send an email and insert HTML. Save, reopen, and all structuring code should be gone. Attaching some screenshots to show what I'm seeing though.

This appears to have started happening between 9/28/20 @ 9:23pm and 9/29/20 @ 7:56am (both times Eastern).

New action, view code, paste HTML for a formatted HTML email body. SaveNew action, view code, paste HTML for a formatted HTML email body. SaveReopen the saved action, formatting is erased.Reopen the saved action, formatting is erased.View code, all layout HTML was erased.View code, all layout HTML was erased.

This is what the HTML email is supposed to look like:

HTML Email.png

Alan_Sanchez
Advocate I
Advocate I

Microsoft? Did the send email action get downgraded to text only in a recent update?

Alan_Sanchez
Advocate I
Advocate I

UPDATE:   I notice that switching to code view, inserting the HTML into the body field, saving AND NEVER COLLAPSING OR CLOSING the email action box while saving will retain the HTML. However, closing or collapsing the box and reopening will erase all HTML structure reducing the action to text only emails.

Hopefully this helps resolve the issue.

Alan_Sanchez
Advocate I
Advocate I

Microsoft.....? Microsoft....?

Alan_Sanchez
Advocate I
Advocate I

@v-alzhan-msft  - The email feature remains broken and radio silence from MS. Is there no intent on fixing this bug?

AStanfeezy

Same Exact Problem.... Just wasted 5 hours on an HTML email... kept deleting my code, and I kept trying to replace it... thank you @microsoft 

Hi @AStanfeezy 

If you drop your code in but do not re-open the action, it seems to retain the code. The moment you open, Microsoft wipes it out. I recommend saving the HTML locally so you can make your edits there since Microsoft seems to have no interest in fixing the feature they broke.

@v-alzhan-msft- Anything?

Alan_Sanchez
Advocate I
Advocate I

Another approach is to drop your HTML into a Compose action then have the Email action access the output. This is the only way I have found so far to fix what MS broke last October.

@v-alzhan-msft- Is MS still ignoring the bug?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,637)