cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaylou
Level 8

Send an email (V2) Preview add link doesn't work

Hi All,

I haven't created a FLOW in a few weeks and I was SOOOO excited to finally see a true HTML editor in FLOW Smiley Happy  Its wonderful I do not need all HTML formating, but it lost the ability to add a hyperlink without the displaying the full path.

I always add a link back to the list item in the alert so my users can do all from the email.

I added some text and the "Link To Item" Dynamic content, but it displayed as the actaul link nothing freindly to look at.

I the tried to use the "Add a link" from the tool bar but there is no way to put the "Link To Item" in the hyperlink.  

I even went back to the old fashioned way and tried to add <A HREF=></A>.

Is there a way to create a nice looking Hyperlink in Send Email (V2) Preview?  It's almost there!!

TIA,

Joe

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send an email (V2) Preview add link doesn't work

Hi @jaylou,

Thanks for feedback.

It seems that the new action Send an email (V2) is currently not possible to add dynamic content “Link to item” from the tool bar. We are asked to enter a link to certain URL manually. If you would like to add the dynamic content “Link to item” from the tool bar, please consider submitting a request on Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Besides, in action Send an email (V2), dynamic content “Link to item” doesn’t return a clickable link, neither the old fashioned way <a href=””></a> works. I will help confirm this on my side and back to you later.

I have tested the action Send an email, we could insert a link in the email body with this action likes below:

1.PNG

Hope it could be your reference.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jaylou
Level 8

I will add this request to the FlowIdeas since the developers dropped the ball on this, and there is no way to put a hyperlink in an email from FLOW.

As far adding the "link to item" in <A HREF yes you are correct, it works but it does not place a readable hyperlink like the original Send Email task.  In the orginal Send Mail the link shows up as Go TO Yahoo.

When I add the "link to Item" as is below, I get the below:

SendEmailV2_OOTB.jpg

Please click link to go to the item: https://Blah.sharepoint.com/Blah/_layouts/15/listform.aspx?PageType=4&ListId=d826e68c-7bf7-48ba-a585...

Then I tried the using HTML and here is the result:

SendEmailV2_HREF.jpg
<A HREF="https://Blah.sharepoint.com/Blah/_layouts/15/listform.aspx?PageType=4&ListId=d826e68c-7bf7-48ba-a585...">Please click here to go to the Item</A>

I am not understanding why you think this is a usable format!

Thanks for your response,

Joe

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jaylou,

The following format doesn’t work in Send an email (V2), but it still working well in the original Send an email action.

<A HREF="https://Blah.sharepoint.com/Blah/_layouts/15/listform.aspx?PageType=4&ListId=d826e68c-7bf7-48ba-a585...">Please click here to go to the Item</A>

I will back to you once I got any updates.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jaylou
Level 8

Yes that was what I was saying in my first post 🙂

Is there a way to gte an alert when the developers fix V2?

Joe

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,375)