cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mheptinstall
Level: Powered On

Send an email from a shared mailbox - 404 error

When trying to use the "Send an email from a shared mailbox" action I receive a 404 error, my account has read/manage and send permissions on the shared mailbox in my flow.

Body

{
  "status": 404,
  "message": "Specified folder not found.",
  "source": "office365connectionprovider-northeurope.db3-ase-001.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft Employee

Re: Send an email from a shared mailbox - 404 error

It's possible the "Send an email from a shared mailbox" operation requires the "Full Access" permission in Outlook. Could you check if you have the "Full Access" permission?

Something else you can try is to use the normal "Send an email" operation and specify the address of the shared mailbox in the "From" field.

Capture.PNG

If that works for you, please let me know. We can probably modify the "Send from Shared Mailbox" operation to not require the "Full Access" permission and only require "Send As" or "Send on Behalf Of" permissions in an update.

Thanks,

Shubham

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Microsoft Employee

Hi @mheptinstall,

The error seems to indicate permissions might not be set up correctly. Is it possible for you to debug your permissions by granting full access (Send As permissions or Send on Behalf Of permissions) and testing with Flows? If that works, it indicates the permissions were not set up originally.

Thanks,

Shubham

mheptinstall

I have granted my account all 3 permissions on the shared mailbox Read and manage, Send as and Send on behalf. I have then created a new flow and when triggered it fails with the same error.

This is the header:

{
  "Pragma": "no-cache",
  "x-ms-request-id": "b1e7c046-5a62-4016-9f78-d72d70608cc2",
  "X-Content-Type-Options": "nosniff",
  "Timing-Allow-Origin": "*",
  "Cache-Control": "no-cache",
  "Date": "Fri, 26 May 2017 07:27:52 GMT",
  "Set-Cookie": "ARRAffinity=8a148e8b732f729054c188ae6380a17550d060c887c4e7a62082f8562bee0d97;Path=/;Domain=office365connectionprovider-northeurope.db3-ase-001.p.azurewebsites.net",
  "Server": "Microsoft-IIS/8.0,Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0",
  "X-AspNet-Version": "4.0.30319",
  "X-Powered-By": "ASP.NET",
  "Content-Length": "137",
  "Content-Type": "application/json; charset=utf-8",
  "Expires": "-1"
}

Body:

{
  "status": 404,
  "message": "Specified folder not found.",
  "source": "office365connectionprovider-northeurope.db3-ase-001.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

Highlighted
Microsoft Employee

It's possible the "Send an email from a shared mailbox" operation requires the "Full Access" permission in Outlook. Could you check if you have the "Full Access" permission?

Something else you can try is to use the normal "Send an email" operation and specify the address of the shared mailbox in the "From" field.

Capture.PNG

If that works for you, please let me know. We can probably modify the "Send from Shared Mailbox" operation to not require the "Full Access" permission and only require "Send As" or "Send on Behalf Of" permissions in an update.

Thanks,

Shubham

View solution in original post

mheptinstall

I have checked and I already have "Full Access" on the shared mailbox in Exchange along with the "Read and Manage", "Send As", "Send On Behalf" on the shared mailbox in Office 365, the "Send an email from a shared mailbox" task still fails.

I can use the "Send an email" task and use "From (Send As)" and that works fine.

Microsoft Employee

Great to hear. I'll follow up on updating the "Send an email to a Shared Mailbox" operation, so that it's not neccesary to use "From (Send As)".

RyanSperring

I am getting the same error but not everytime I send an email from a shared inbox. I would post a picture but it is too wide but basically I check for an update of an existing item, do a conditional check and then a switch case after that for which there are 3 outputs. I can send an email from the first case switch output but get the 404 error from the next two. Any thoughts?

Helena1

I also get this error when I try to send an email from a shared mailbox. Not every time though, and I cannot find a pattern to when it fails or not. I tried to use the Outlook connector instead using the From (send as) option, which strangely enough makes the e-mail go from the account of the person starting the flow (by editing a SharePoint item). Also, it is always the flow connected to PowerApps that causing trouble, I also use the "Send an email from a shared mailbox" connector in another flow just connected to a SharePoint list, and that works fine. 

So to sum it up; I need to send an email from a noreply address and I cannot use From (send as) as that will send from the user triggering the flow and I cannot use "Send an email from a shared mailbox" as that will regularly fail. What to do?

digitech

I am also having this issue, so it seems to be a bug.

I, as the flow owner, have full permission to send on behalf of and send as for the shared mailbox.

I also have the shared mailbox as a joint flow owner.

The flow is triggered by a powerapps button that may be being triggered by a different user, could this be the problem?

I can't give everyone in our business "send on behalf as" permissions for this mailbox, is that would the suggestion is?

tomgardzinski

I'm having the same issue. 

Any resolve to this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 397 members 4,145 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: