cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Send an email from a shared mailbox 404 error

I have setup a Flow to send an email from a shared email account when a button is pressed in our PowerApps app. Currently this works fine when I am the one to press the button, but if another person on my team presses the button the Flow fails with a "404 - Specified folder not found".

I have made sure my other team members have Send-As permissions on the shared mail account.

I have also tried using just a Send an Email template and putting the shared mailbox's email in the From (Send As) field, but this resulted in the From field of the email being the person who clicked in PowerApps.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Send an email from a shared mailbox 404 error

I solved this issue. Apparently each person needs full access permissions to the shared mailbox as opposed to just send-as permissions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I solved this issue. Apparently each person needs full access permissions to the shared mailbox as opposed to just send-as permissions.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cdubinsky ,

Great! It appears that you have found a solution to your issue!

If so, please click "Accept as Solution" on the reply that describes how you were able to solve your issue!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Surely this is not a "solution"!  It is a dodgy workaround at best.  I'm having exactly the same problem, but we cannot give all users full control to the shared mailbox for this to work.  If the trigger is not from PowerApps, then the "Send an email from a shared mailbox" action works OK when other users run the Flow.  It is a bug when the Flow is triggered from PowerApps and needs to be fixed

Highlighted

This doesn't work for me as an automated flow, I have Full, send as and send on behalf of the shared inbox. And I still have the issue.
Can we just have the Send as option back like it was before when send email was working 2 weeks ago?

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

So what is the expectation of the 'send mail from a shared mailbox' step? I was assuming that the step would run using the connection created by me, and would therefore work for anyone because I have 'send on behalf of' for this mailbox and it was using this connection. You mean everyone in the organization would need to have access to send from this mailbox in order for this to work? I think this was working earlier (hard to keep track of all the things that work, then don't, then work again).

I just want to send an email, but not have them all come from me so we are using an exchange account where I have 'send on behalf of' permission. Is this not going to work anymore? What is the right way to do this now? I can't give everyone 'send on behalf of' permission to this email account.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,155)