cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DroningOn
Level: Powered On

Re: Send an email from a shared mailbox - 404 error

I'm also running into this error, in the past I've just run a manually started test running the failed flow with the old data and it has always self corrected, but that apparently has stopped working. Emailing from a shared mailbox should be considered a vital feature in Flow. Any one have any news on whats causing this or how best to work around this when it decides its going to just randomly break?

bh56

I'm getting this exact behavior with Logic Apps aka Flow.  I was able to get it to work with Send an email.  But as Send an email (v2) doesn't have this option and you would think that Send an email from a shared mailbox (V2), would work for this purpose.  I want to hop on option that will work going forward.  Don't like to hop on a v1 if a v2 exists.

Maik0vic
Level: Power Up

Service Flow User should send mail from shared mailbox (from:)

Error: 404 Folder not found

In our environment was the problem, that the service account (flow) and the shared mailbox had different language settings.

After changing shared mailbox to same timeZone and language, it works.

Thanks compatibility!!!

dmistry
Level 8

@ShubhamGogna  Microsoft removed From(send As) this week from the send an email action.

SteveR-AFS
Level: Power Up

This no longer has a solution as the send as functionality was removed.

dmistry
Level 8

@SteveR-AFS  you can leverage 'Send from shared mailbox', I am using it now for my clients.

Microsoft ShubhamGogna
Microsoft

We will be adding back the "From" field in the "Send an email" action.

The "From" field should be used if the user (who created the connection) has "Send As" or "Send on behalf of" permission on the mailbox referenced in the "From" field. This means the "From" field will also work for Shared Mailboxes.

The "Send an email from a Shared Mailbox" operation is only expected to work for the Office 365 "Shared Mailbox" feature. Perhaps we need better documentation on this. The "Send an email from a Shared Mailbox" operation will not work in cases of user-to-user shared mailboxes unless one of the users has full access to the other mailbox (which includes more permissions than just sending emails).

dmistry
Level 8

@ShubhamGogna  thanks Shubham, do you know the timeframe when they are going to add the Send option back to the send an email action? They should have kept it as is, I was in the middle of deploying flows to production and found out that Send as will no longer be supported in new flows or adding new send an email actions. So had to convince end client to setup O365 shared mailbox and added flow account to have full access on the same to leverage the 'Send from shared mailbox'. Appreciate you writing back on this thread here, thank you!

Highlighted
Microsoft ShubhamGogna
Microsoft

Unfortunately, our deployment schedule has been extended to avoid issues during Thanksgiving (United States), Black Friday, and Cyber Monday. Current ETA is first week of December (with some regions getting the change next week). I'll share an update if we are able to get it done earlier.

drvela

@ShubhamGogna thank you for keeping us updated. To clarify for my team, currently there is no way to trigger a shared mailbox to email a user from Flow unless that user that triggers the Flow is an owner of the shared mailbox. It does not matter if the owner of the Flow is also an owner of the shared mailbox. Is that correct? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,445)