cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft ShubhamGogna
Microsoft

Re: Send an email from a shared mailbox - 404 error

There's two ways you can look at the phrase "shared mailbox". One is the Office 365 Shared Mailbox feature (configured and managed in the Office 365 admin portal). The other is a mailbox that has been shared with you for the purpose of sending emails (my team refers to this as having "Send As or Send on Behalf of" permission).

For the first case (Office 365 Shared Mailbox feature), we have actions available today that will allow you to send an email from that mailbox. 

For the second case (having "Send As or Send on Behalf of" permission), we do *not* have an action available *today* that will allow you to send an email from that mailbox. We are in the process of adding it, but it will not reach all customers until the first week of December.

no way to trigger a shared mailbox to email a user from Flow unless that user that triggers the Flow is an owner of the shared mailbox. It does not matter if the owner of the Flow is also an owner of the shared mailbox. Is that correct? 

All actions are done using a connection. If the connection is created using an account that has access to the other mailbox (either Shared Mailbox feature or "Send As or Send on Behalf of" permission), the action will work. Since the connection is what is used to do the action, the owner of the Flow does not matter.

Highlighted
drvela
Level: Powered On

Thank you for clarifying for me. 🙂 Happy Holidays and hope the new feature implementation goes smoothly. 

melissapbot
Level: Power Up

@ShubhamGogna Is there any update on when the product will be released? We had been using V1 and tried to switch to V2 but we are running into some issues and would love to be able to use the previous functionality. Thank you!

Jbax510
Level: Powered On

I had this issue so I recreated the flow in a different flow and it appears to be working. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,687)