cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerPlatform79
Regular Visitor

Send an email from a shared mailbox - an error associated with HTML formatting

I have a flow triggered by a Power App button, sending an email message using the Send an email from a Shared Mailbox (V2) action. I set some parameters inside the shared mailbox action to get some item values from a SharePoint list.  

My issue with the flow was that one of the parameters didn't get the full value from a field on a SharePoint list, instead retrieved the first half. The flow ran successfully. 

After I tested the flow iteration in my sandbox, I noticed that Power Automate interpreted a special character (<) in the SP column value as an HTML tag, making the column value cut off. Since HTML formatting is allowed for use, I believe Power Automate should read/deliver the SP column value separate from other HTML tags. 

2 REPLIES 2
psycrkz1
Community Support
Community Support

Could you try to switch the body of your action as code view:

psycrkz1_0-1603174882334.png

Then you will be able to check detail HTML tag within this body that may help you to resolve this issue 

I did use the code view to add HTML tags and the column. The Decision Note field in yellow highlight is where the value got cut off.   

PowerPlatform79_0-1603286103031.png

Data saved in the SP column is as below

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue to fill latest-year requests via ILL (utilize FT databases for 2003-embargo). Decision based on 3-yr ILL cost history (</= $640) vs 3-yr subscription ($2832). Will retain on Wish List and monitor ILL requests (reconsider if no longer cost-effective or FT availability via aggregator changes).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Data sent out from a Shared Mailbox is as below

----------------------------------------------------------

Continue to fill latest-year requests via ILL (utilize FT databases for 2003-embargo). Decision based on 3-yr ILL cost history (

The remaining value got cut off.

</= $640) vs 3-yr subscription ($2832).
Will retain on Wish List and monitor ILL requests (reconsider if no longer cost-effective or FT availability via aggregator changes).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Users online (1,726)