cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Set Property doesn't work on Object Variables

I am setting a JSON object and updating the Properties of the object as required by null or '' value, but next step i try to use the property set by me , it shows no change and it regains the old previous value.

I believe the object should be kept updated , every time we add / set the propoerty values .

Set All properties Old values [Step 6]Set All properties Old values [Step 6]Initialize Object [Step 1]Initialize Object [Step 1]Property Title Set to '' [Step 3]Property Title Set to '' [Step 3]Property Summary Set to '' , Title old value recalled .[Step 4]Property Summary Set to '' , Title old value recalled .[Step 4]Set Property Proposal Date to '', Title -Summary Old values recalled. [Step 5]Set Property Proposal Date to '', Title -Summary Old values recalled. [Step 5]Set all Properties Value [Step 2]Set all Properties Value [Step 2]

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Set Property doesn't work on Object Variables

HI @gunjan,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

How do you update the properties of the JSON object variable within your flow?

Further, how do you reference the Property of the JSON Object within your flow?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:8.JPG

Within Compose action, Inputs field set to following formula:

variables('JsonObject')?['Title']

Note: The above formula is used to reference the Title property of the JSON object, if you want to reference the ProgramSummary property, please type the following formula:

variables('JsonObject')?['ProgramSummary']

The flow works successfully as below:9.JPG

More details about using expression in flow actions, please check the following article:

Use expression in flow actions

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,087)