Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

SharePoint Communication site Create File error

Hi,

We had a flow that when a file was created in a classic site SharePoint/SitePages it created a file with the same name and content in another classic site /SitePages. Everything was fine. We had a modern page in the classic site with the 'News' add-in and when news were created they were re-created in the other site.

Today I tried the same scenario, but instead of classic sites, I created two Communication sites. Now the flow gives an error when I try to create the file

"When a file is created in a folder" -> "Create File"

Error: "Acces Denied. you don't have permissions to perform this action or access to this resource"
  "errors": [
    "-2147024891",
    "System.UnauthorizedAccessException"
  ]

The user is the primary administrator in both sites. Both created same way. Am I missing something here? I can't find any info about this.

Error workflow.PNGErrorFlow2.PNG

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SharePoint Communication site Create File error

Hi @Anonymous,

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:24.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:25.JPG

The error message told that the account that you use to create a connection to the SharePoint connector doesn't have access to the Communication Site. Please check if the account that you use to create a connection to SharePoint connector has full access to the Communication Site.

In other words, please make sure the account that you create a connection to the SharePoint connector has Administrator permission on the two SharePoint Communication Sites.

In addition, please check if the connection to the SharePoint connector is invalid, if yes, please update the connection to the connector or re-create a new connection to the connector, then try your flow again to check if the issue is solved.

More detail about updating connections in Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

Manage connections in Microsoft Flow

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SharePoint Communication site Create File error

Thank you for testing this, 

In our case the user that we are using in both sites is the tennant administrator. Is the administrator of both SharePoint sites and it has access to both of them, we tried loging in and creating elements in both SitePage libraries, no problems at all.

I've tried deleting and recreating de Connections, creating new sites.. and the error persist.

I see that in your test you used /Shared Documents as the library, Could you perhaps try with /SitePages? I've been able to reproduce this error in other Office 365 tennants, but only with the SitePages library

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,740)