cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint Drop Down fields

I created a PA form from a small, basic SPOnline list and noticed that I'm periodically having issues with a few different things.

1. After loading the form in New mode, I've found that drop down menus sometimes take as long as 15 seconds (each) to populate their list. 

2. Periodically they won't populate the list at all and at the bottom will say 0 items even though the drop down should have (for example) 4 items to choose from. I think this may be from clicking in the box before the menu has finished loading.

3. The Microsoft Edge Browser doesn't seem to display the down arrow that lets you know that the field is a drop down menu.

IE/Chrome:

095.jpg 

Edge:

094.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ranascavage,

Which data type do you use with your drop down column?

I have made a test on my side and the dropdown menus take almost 2 seconds to populate their list.

Besides, I have made a test on Microsoft Edge browser and don’t have the issue that you mentioned. The drop down menus populate their list well:7.JPG

Please take a try to clear cache of Microsoft Edge browser and re-open the PowerApps app to check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your reply. I can certainly check my internet speed the next time it occurs. What's an appropriate speed and test methodology to determine if that may be the issue? It is a bit difficult to narrow down as it is a sporadic issue, but it has happened at least 3 times now.

As for the fields, it's a Choice type with 4 text options, I do have it set as a required field though.
I justt tried clearing the cache (and well everything just in case) in Edge and re-opened PowerApps and can confirm that it is still happening. Pardon the 3 pumpkins category, it was approaching Halloween and I was testing a possible different issue that a coworker reported. It may be worth noting that Requested By is a named field in that SPO list.

100.jpg

099.jpg

Microsoft Edge 40.15063.674.0

Microsoft EdgeHTML 15.15063

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (76,101)