cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megasween
Level: Powered On

SharePoint MMS Field Label For MMS Field Does Not Display Full Path

When you use Get Items to return a sharepoint item with an MMS field, the lable displays differently as follows:

a) If you have selected display "Display the entire path to the term in the field" and "Allow multiple values" is true then the full path is returned in the label field.

b) If you have selected display "Display the entire path to the term in the field" and "Allow multiple values" is false then the full path is returned in the label field.

On a side note, it would be nice if the "path" showed up in path in stead of it being null.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint MMS Field Label For MMS Field Does Not Display Full Path

Hi @Megasween,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Could you please show a bit more about the MMS field that you mentioned? Is it a Managed Metadata type column?

Thanks for your feedback, the issue is confirmed on my side. Showing full path (Path property) of a Managed Metadata field value of SharePoint list is not supported in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Megasween

Thanks for your reply.  It would be hard for me to get all the screen shots around the system but I can give you a text export from the flow body (this is an excerpt from the get items body visible after a flow has been run).

When I use a "get items" action with no special settings against a list and examine the body I get this JSON as an example. 

"MMS_Column": {
        "@odata.type""#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedTaxonomy",
        "TermGuid""1234-1234-1234-12341234-1234-1342",
        "WssId"22,
        "Label""CPD - Lead",
        "Path"null,
        "Value""CPD - Lead - Lead|1234-1234-1234-12341234-1234-1342"

}

Things to note: "Path" is null.  Seems like this should have the path in it. 

Second thing: If the SharePoint Managed Metadata Column setting of "Display the entire path to the term in the field" is selected  and the column is set to allow multiple values.  The Label in the retruned JSON (see above) will look like this: 

"Label": "Level1:Level2:Level3:CPD - Lead"

If the column is not set to not allow multiple values, then the Lable looks like it does above ("Label""CPD - Lead").  It would be nice if we got consitent behavori of allways showing the full path in the label if that display option is selected.  Is that enough to go on and is that a "new idea" or just a bug?

Highlighted
Megasween

It seems like the behavior on this changed in the last few days.  Now the full path is never displayed in the label and the "Path" remains null.  This is a bit disapointing as it broke an entire appliction I was putting together based on being able to access that path info on the label. Any insight on this would be greatly appreacted.  It would be amazing if the path started appearing in path.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 460 members 4,573 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: