cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samrutur
Level: Powered On

SharePoint - Set content Approval status

Using the SharePoint connector - Set Content Approval Status action. The Submit action works but when the action is set to Approve or Reject, the Flow runs without any errors but the Approval Status doesn't change to the Approved. The same thing for Reject action and doesn't work.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SharePoint - Set content Approval status

Hello Guys,

i recently came accross the same issue. I managed to solve the issue eventually. Follow the steps below for succes:

1. Action to receive Item Information (ID)
  2. Action to Receive Metadate for Item based on (ID)
  3. Expand the Action to Update Content Approval to Advanced and Reference the E-Tag as shown here:ETag.png

Best Regards,

Robert from implexis GmbH

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @samrutur,

Have you enabled content approval for your SharePoint library?

The following doc could be a reference for you:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Require-approval-of-items-in-a-site-list-or-library-cd0761c...

After you enabled require content approval for submitted items, there would be a column named as “Approval Status” automatically created in your library.

To test this issue, I created a flow likes below to test this issue.

It works fine when the file is uploaded to the library, and the status of column Approval status would be changed from Pending to Approve.

3.PNG

Please try again with it and feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
samrutur

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

The library I am working with has major, minor versioning and content approval enabled. The trigger I am using in the Flow is schedule recurrence and tried it with item create trigger as well but doesn't work. 

Highlighted
bvol

I am seeing the same behavior as samrutur, and I have enabled the versioning as suggested.

bvol

Have you had any success in getting this work? If so, please let me know what was the issue, I am still having trouble.

bvol

I have figured out my issue. I misspelled the name of the Library Name. When using a Custom entry with a misspelled name, you will still get "Success" as the status, but nothing actually happens.

samrutur

@v-yamao-msft,

I tried it on a different tenant and the same issue. The error message from the action when the Flow runs is: Message":"The ETag of this item does not match the one used for setting content approval status. The contents of the item may have changed before the action was completed."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Guys,

i recently came accross the same issue. I managed to solve the issue eventually. Follow the steps below for succes:

1. Action to receive Item Information (ID)
  2. Action to Receive Metadate for Item based on (ID)
  3. Expand the Action to Update Content Approval to Advanced and Reference the E-Tag as shown here:ETag.png

Best Regards,

Robert from implexis GmbH

View solution in original post

jtt86

Hello,

I am having a problem with the set content approval status. The error message says that "The current state of the item is Draft and the following action Approve cannot be implemented", however, the state in sharepoint is pending.

Does anyone who how to fix this?

Thanks,

Justi

Approval.PNG

vwyankee

In my tests it doesn't seem you can do this with Draft states - when you have major and minor versioning enabled - as there's no option to "approve" the status until the version has been published. Once it's been published the state changes from Draft to Pending and Flow can update the approval status. 

In my case I reverted to just major versions with only authors and approvers having visibility to versions that haven't been approved. See this thread around using content approval and flow for more info.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,011)