cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samrutur
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

SharePoint - Set content Approval status

Using the SharePoint connector - Set Content Approval Status action. The Submit action works but when the action is set to Approve or Reject, the Flow runs without any errors but the Approval Status doesn't change to the Approved. The same thing for Reject action and doesn't work.

Capture.JPG

15 REPLIES 15

My issue is that I dont want to set the status to approved when it is uploaded.  I want to check the current status of the document so the Flow can send notifcations and other actions.  When a new document is uploaded or modified, i want to check the approval status.  I cant find any way of seeing the current status of the field.  If it is pending, I want to send an email to the approver.  If it is approved, i want to send an email back to the owner to let them know that it is approved.

Any thoughts?

Hi Robert:

I am fairly new to Sharepoint and I do not quite understand which E-Tag you have added in your solution. Care to elaborate?

Thx,

Thomas

Albert

Hi,

my approval status is always false. My listcolumn is true/false. In the start an approval there is

"response": "Approve"
but in condition it is always false never true

My column type is yes/no

Albert

I've noticed something very different about the content approval and i'm wondering if there is a workaround... Even after the content approval has completed its workflow. You can not resubmit it again.... I get a error that this file doesn't exist. Any Ideas?

Laslo
Frequent Visitor

You have to set the statut to submit not draft :

satut-1.PNGstatut-2.PNG

Hello!

I have the flow "When an Item or file is modified" start an approval... and I can set the Approval Status correctly. But after do it that, my flow runs again because the file changes from "pending" to "approved" or  "rejected".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,620)