cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

SharePoint Trigger (with Limit Columns by View) not working for Item Created trigger

I have a list that also has lots of Lookup columns.

It has a view call "Recent" that shows only items that have been Modified in the past 1 day, and at this point contains nothing but the ID field, the Created date field, and the Title field.

If I do a SharePoint Trigger for "When an item is created" and apply it to the "Recent" view I have created, the flow will fail every time with the following error:

{
"status": 400,
"message": "The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold enforced by the administrator.\r\nclientRequestId: 86e7150c-92d2-427e-897a-06484d128d1e\r\nserviceRequestId: b799899e-8093-7000-4801-15d7574f9584"
}

If I change the trigger to be "When an item is created or modified" and apply it to the "Recent" view I have created, the flow will successfully start.

The issue seems to be specifically on the "When an item is created" trigger. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SharePoint Trigger (with Limit Columns by View) not working for Item Created trigger

Hi @Brentless,

You mentioned that you have lots of Lookup columns in the list? How many do you have?

SharePoint list has a Lookup limitation that cannot be more than 12 lookup columns. If you have more than 12 lookup columns, I assume that it will return the error message. Could you please try to just have 11 lookup columns in the view to see if it will work?

Please check this blog for a reference:

https://blog.portiva.nl/2018/07/04/microsoft-flow-get-item-from-list-with-more-than-12-lookup-column...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Re: SharePoint Trigger (with Limit Columns by View) not working for Item Created trigger

I understand the lookup column limitation (I have note than 12). That was the point of the new setting in the SharePoint action (limiting the call to a particular view to get around threshold and lookup column limits).

The point of this bug is I can successfully do every SharePoint action EXCEPT the trigger "When an item is created" using the custom view.

It is the only action that does not work with the new setting in the trigger.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brentless,

According to your description, I created a list with 12 lookup columns, and two custom views, T1 is created for all items including Title, Id, Crated. T1Recent is created for recent items including Title, Id, Created.

Then I create two flows using the trigger When an item is created and When an item is created or modified with different view limit. However, all the flows work well without issues.

1.PNG2.PNG

Could you share a screenshot of your flow to help reproduce this issue on my side?

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

My screenshot looks exactly the same as yours, so no value in sending it.

The only other thing I can think of is the list does have 2098 items in it (crossing the 2000 item).

Again, every other trigger works, so I'm curious if now that the 2000 items has been crossed if that is causing issues.  The same problem though, every other trigger is still working even though I am beyond the 2000 item limit, and the number of items shown in the custom view I have set up is like 10 items.

I'll try to recreate my own list (with fewer items and see if I can recreate it as it increases)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,573)