cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SharePoint: When an existing item is modified not trigger each modification within same minutes

We have a SharePoint flow that triggers "When an existing item is modified" when there the same item being modified 2 times within the same minutes, flow only captures the last modification but not trigger 2 times.

In our flow, we are using flow to send out an email for each comment that has been adding into the item. But in the same minute, if there is 2 comment being added, it only will send out 1 email with the latest comment. If there is a comment being added then save, after 20 seconds status field has changed again then save, it will not send out the email again because the latest modification is without comment.

Sharepoint version history

ShiCai_0-1598348246913.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SharePoint: When an existing item is modified not trigger each modification within same minutes

Hi @ShiCai ,

If you want to monitor whether an item has been changed, it is recommended to use When an item or a file is modified as the trigger.

When an existing item is modified is actually When an item is created or modified. It needs to monitor whether a new item is created or the item is changed. Changes with a short interval may not be captured. In addition, I did a similar test on my side, and it seems that the results on my side are in line with expectations.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SharePoint: When an existing item is modified not trigger each modification within same minutes

Hi @ShiCai ,

If you want to monitor whether an item has been changed, it is recommended to use When an item or a file is modified as the trigger.

When an existing item is modified is actually When an item is created or modified. It needs to monitor whether a new item is created or the item is changed. Changes with a short interval may not be captured. In addition, I did a similar test on my side, and it seems that the results on my side are in line with expectations.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,885)