cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
JamesW4
Regular Visitor

SharePoint and encoding of slashes

Not sure when this happened but something appears broken with the encoding of slashes.

 

Here is an example of a trigger when file is created (properties only)

 

trigger output.PNG

You can see the in the identifier the slashes have been encoded as %252f

 

Now see the output of the next action which is a file copy - it complains the file doesnt exist.

 

action error.PNG

If I take that API call URL and try it in my browser I get the same error as expected. 

 

invalid call.PNG

If however I swap out the %25252f for %2f it works as expected

 

valid call.PNG

 

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JamesW4,

 

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you filled Identifier dynamic content of the trigger within Source File Path field of "Copy file" action?

 

The Source File Path field of "Copy file" is required to fill a Path to the source file rather than the Identifier of the file. The Copy file action could not parse the %252f code within the File path.

 

If you want to copy the file to another library when a file is created in a SharePoint library, please take a try with the following workaround:21.JPG

Within Source File Path field of "Copy file" action, type Folder path dynamic content of the trigger and then type the DisplayName dynamic content of the "Get file metadata" action.

 

Note: There is no space between two dynamic contents within Source File Path field of "Copy file" action.

 

The flow works successfully as below:22.JPG

 

More details about the "Copy file" action of SharePoint connector, please check the following article:

Copy file

 

Best regards,

Kris

 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TheSaj
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue that JohnW4 is experiencing. Using Get File Content, I set the Site Address (selecting from the provided drop down list) and then I set the File Identifier (by navigating to the containing folder and selecting the file).  Save.  Run Test.  FAIL!

When I look at the failed call, I note that %252f is repeatedly seen in the File Identifier field.  This denotes a double-encoding of a slash "/".  You can see the example below.  The proposed solution does not work for me as I am not trying to copy or relocate a file, I am endeavoring to parse and interact with the file contents HENCE why I am using the Get File Content module.  This appears to be a bug on the Microsoft side.  What other explanation is there for the double-encoding error?

Please advise?

{

    "host": {

        "connectionReferenceName": "shared_sharepointonline",

        "operationId": "GetFileContent"

    },

    "parameters": {

        "dataset": "https://mysite.sharepoint.com/sites/SiteId123",

        "id": "%252ffoldername%252fsubfolder%252fMyFile.json",

        "inferContentType": true

    }

}

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,699)