cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bloodoff
Level 8

Re: SharePoint new item and modified item triggers fire at new item.

@v-monli-msft Hi, is this issues solved? 

I'm still having double runs but it happens occasionally which is strange.

PS. I cannot use the workaround (comparing Created and Modified) cause those times are not always the same. The difference can be a second or two which ruins the whole thing 🙂

risingson
Level: Powered On

Any updates to this issue? This is essentially a critical issue that prevents this trigger from being used for many if not most situations.

bloodoff
Level 8

@risingson I believe the way I fixed it was I turned on "Concurrency Control" (it's in the Settings of your Trigger) and set "Degree of Parallelism" to be 1. Then it never runs twice for the same item. See if this helps 🙂

PS. Keep in mind that turning it on is a permanent adjustment. So it's always nice to have a copy/backup with that setting turned off.

risingson

That doesn't sound quite like what I need, because they item may be legitimately updated more than once after it's creation, for which I do want the flow triggered. I found my own clunky workaround. I already have a status column that should be changed by the user when the status changes (i.e. new, in progress, etc.). I just created another column named "new or modified" and set it's default value to 0. On first trigger it will change to 1. When it triggers again seconds after creation it will check the status value and see it's "new" and do nothing.

bloodoff
Level 8

I wouldn't call it clunky, just a workaround that we all apply to sometimes not fully polished MS products.

My suggestion was more to get rid of the issue where 2 flows run within 1-2 seconds when an item is created(!), because the process sees it as created and modified (within a second or two). It's not even modified, it's just created but the modified and created times are different by 1 second or so. I cannot imagine how your user can legitimately modify such an item 🙂

Highlighted
risingson

Oh, I think I misunderstood. When I first read it I thought enabling that would prevent the trigger from ever runnin again on that item once it's been created. Now I understand it prevents it from being triggered at the same time no matter what item. In that case, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 338 members 5,917 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: