cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint trigger When a file is created in a folder returns NULL on file content when a GUID named XML file is uploaded

Hello,

Our Accounting system generates GUID named XML files, for example: 88546153-0493-46a6-88d7-2bbd83d436db.xml

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a Flow:

• Add a SharePoint trigger "When a file is created in a folder"
  • Send an email with Office 365 action "Send an email (V2)" by adding a attachment with File Name and File Content
  • Upload the 88546153-0493-46a6-88d7-2bbd83d436db.xml (file has content, file size 5k)
  • Flow fails with error: InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_an_email_(V2)' inputs at line '1' and column '2571': 'The template language function 'base64' expects its parameter to be a string, an object or an array. The provided value is of type 'Null'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#base64 for usage details.'.
  • If file is renamed to test.xml and uploaded again, the Flow succeeds and an email is received with the test.xml file attached to it.

Please let me know if this is actually a bug.

Thanks,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: SharePoint trigger When a file is created in a folder returns NULL on file content when a GUID named XML file is uploaded

Hi @danielvi ,

I have made a test on my side with the file name as you have provided.

However it doesn't has the issue you have mentioned.

Capture8.PNG

I suggest you add a 'Delay' action before the 'Get file content' for a try.

Capture9.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: SharePoint trigger When a file is created in a folder returns NULL on file content when a GUID named XML file is uploaded

Hi @danielvi ,

I have made a test on my side with the file name as you have provided.

However it doesn't has the issue you have mentioned.

Capture8.PNG

I suggest you add a 'Delay' action before the 'Get file content' for a try.

Capture9.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,618)