cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewLansford
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint Task with custom content type

I have a sharepoint task list - Sharepoint Online that I created using the "Tasks" app.

I have added an additional content type to the list to store some custom content that I want to manage along with the task.

I would like to update the list item in Flow. I can type the list name as a custom value and Flow smartly pulls in the field names associated with all content types. Configure the Update Sharepoint Item action in flow and everything looks great.

But the flow run fails with the following message:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Update_item' inputs at line '1' and column '2515': 'The template language expression 'items('Apply_to_each_newly_created_it')['Task Name']' cannot be evaluated because property 'Task Name' doesn't exist, available properties are '@odata.etag, ItemInternalId, ID, Title, Checkmark, AssignedTo, AssignedTo@odata.type, AssignedTo#Claims, AssignedTo#Claims@odata.type, Average_x0020_Days_x0020_Between, Last_x0020_Order, Out_x0020_of_x0020_Pattern, Salesman_x0020_Code, Stage, Stage#Id, Standard_x0020_Deviation_x0020_D, Total_x0020_Order_x0020_Volume, Predecessors, Predecessors@odata.type, Predecessors#Id, Predecessors#Id@odata.type, Priority, Priority#Id, Status, Status#Id, PercentComplete, Reason_x0020_Category, Reason_x0020_Category#Id, Modified, Created, Author, Author#Claims, Editor, Editor#Claims, {Identifier}, {IsFolder}, {Link}, {Name}, {FilenameWithExtension}, {Path}, {ContentType}, {ContentType}#Id, {HasAttachments}'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

This is particularly challenging, because I can't change which column flow is trying to update. I believe that it is because the list was created as a Task app, which defaults the "Title" column to the name "Task Name".

I believe that flow should have the template language expression be:

'items('Apply_to_each_newly_created_it')['Title']'

But I have no way to force it to do so.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
AndrewLansford

Re: Sharepoint Task with custom content type

Ok. I think I figured this one out.

The content type "Out of Pattern Customer Report" was inheriting from the type "Item", which has the first property as "Title".

I recreated the content type, but instead inherited from the content type "Task".

This allowed me to delete the "Task" content type from the list after adding the "Out of Pattern Customer Report".

Screenshot of the list columns setup below.

out-of-pattern-screenshot_orig

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AndrewLansford,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow?

It seems that you have added an additional content type to the list, what are the columns contained in the list?

The error message says that the property “Task Name” doesn’t exist. Please make sure it does contain a column “Task Name”.

I have created a simple flow likes below which works fine. Task name does exist in the list.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AndrewLansford

This is the screenshot of the update item. You can see that the list has been identified as having a "Task Name" property by flow.

Update Sharepoint Item Flow screenshot

The sharepoint list column definitions below definitely show a column named "Task Name".

Sharepoint List Column Definitions

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AndrewLansford,

Thanks for updating.

It seems that Task name field is being used in Out of Pattern Customer Report and Task. Please try to remove it from the content type Out Of Pattern Customer to see if it will work.

Please share a full screenshot of your flow to help reproduce it on my side.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
AndrewLansford

Ok. I think I figured this one out.

The content type "Out of Pattern Customer Report" was inheriting from the type "Item", which has the first property as "Title".

I recreated the content type, but instead inherited from the content type "Task".

This allowed me to delete the "Task" content type from the list after adding the "Out of Pattern Customer Report".

Screenshot of the list columns setup below.

out-of-pattern-screenshot_orig

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AndrewLansford,

Thanks for updating.

I am glad to hear that you have figured it out.

Best regards,

Mabel

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 383 members 5,635 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: