cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StefanM83
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint Trigger: "When an item is created or modified" does not react to renaming anymore

I played around with When an item is created or modified, SharePoint - Connectors | Microsoft Docs and I noticed that even reacts to renaming items, what is great. 
For whatever reason, it stopped reacting to renaming. When I trigger a flow test, I see the flow starting but the wheel keeps rotation and rotating until I get a timeout:

Flow run timed out because the starting action was not performed. Please try again.

Any idea how to make it to reacting to renaming again?
15 REPLIES 15
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StefanM83,

How do you create the SharePoint connection?

It seems that you modified the file name on the SharePoint for desktop.

If you want to listen to the on-premise SharePoint, you should configure an on-premise SharePoint connection.

Please refer to this video:

On Premises SharePoint Connected to Power Platform - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-litu-msft 

How do you create the SharePoint connection?

the system did, as we are on o365

It seems that you modified the file name on the SharePoint for desktop.

I used OneDrive for Buisness as we are on o365 E3

If you want to listen to the on-premise SharePoint, you should configure an on-premise SharePoint connection.

we are in the cloud

can you confirm that you can do as described by me?

@v-litu-msft any chance that we get to a proper end, currently we are somewhere in between 

@v-litu-msft are you still around?

Hi @v-litu-msft ,
are you going to test it again?

StefanM83
Helper I
Helper I

@v-litu-msft are you willing to bring this topic to an end?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,717)