cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goderis
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint - "When a file is created or modified" not triggered for files synced by OneDrive client

When creating a file in a system folder that is managed by the Onedrive for Business sync client, and that happens to be a Sharepoint Site folder, then no created event (in the Sharepoint connector) is triggered for that sharepoint site.

However it works when/for

- when files are modified (example, rename them in macOS Finder or "touch"ing the file), then the "modified" trigger *is* triggered as it should be.

- directories: creating a new directory will correctly trigger the flow.

- working with the "when a file is created" trigger instead of the "when a file is created or modified"

Is there a workaround for this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint - "When a file is created or modified" not triggered for files synced by On

Hi @goderis,

I have made a test on my side and don't have the isse that you mentioned?

When create a new file in a sharepoint folder in the Onedrive for Business, the flow with trigger "When a file is created" and "When a file is created or modified" both would be triggered with no issues.

Please make a test on your side again to see if your problem still exists.

Please share more details if your issue still exists.

Best regards,

Alice.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint - "When a file is created or modified" not triggered for files synced by On

Hi @goderis,

I have made a test on my side and don't have the isse that you mentioned?

When create a new file in a sharepoint folder in the Onedrive for Business, the flow with trigger "When a file is created" and "When a file is created or modified" both would be triggered with no issues.

Please make a test on your side again to see if your problem still exists.

Please share more details if your issue still exists.

Best regards,

Alice.

View solution in original post

goderis

I was not able to reproduce the problem, so this can be closed

JHobbs

Anyone have a suggestion here? I have the same problem. No trigger when new new/modified file in Onedrive for Business folder. The files sync to SP fine, but no trigger.

Subhamoy
Level: Power Up

Hi Alice,

I've a repro of the same behaviour for one of our MPN partners.

It fails to trigger MS Flow when a file is synced from PC to SPO library folder.

If we rename or modify the file in SPO, it triggers the flow.

cpan

I got the same issue that the SharePoint / "When a file is created or modified (properties only)" flow is not triggered when a file is created or modified via OneDrive for Business client.

The flow gets triggered if file is created/modified via SharePoint Online or network mapped drive.

Does the SharePoint / "When a file is created or modified (properties only)" flow support OneDrive for Business client?

Highlighted
Christoph15

same here 😕

LH

Same her

any solution in sight?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,924)