cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goderis
Regular Visitor

Sharepoint - "When a file is created or modified" not triggered for files synced by OneDrive client

When creating a file in a system folder that is managed by the Onedrive for Business sync client, and that happens to be a Sharepoint Site folder, then no created event (in the Sharepoint connector) is triggered for that sharepoint site.

However it works when/for

- when files are modified (example, rename them in macOS Finder or "touch"ing the file), then the "modified" trigger *is* triggered as it should be.

- directories: creating a new directory will correctly trigger the flow.

- working with the "when a file is created" trigger instead of the "when a file is created or modified"

Is there a workaround for this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @goderis,

I have made a test on my side and don't have the isse that you mentioned?

When create a new file in a sharepoint folder in the Onedrive for Business, the flow with trigger "When a file is created" and "When a file is created or modified" both would be triggered with no issues.

Please make a test on your side again to see if your problem still exists.

Please share more details if your issue still exists.

Best regards,

Alice.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @goderis,

I have made a test on my side and don't have the isse that you mentioned?

When create a new file in a sharepoint folder in the Onedrive for Business, the flow with trigger "When a file is created" and "When a file is created or modified" both would be triggered with no issues.

Please make a test on your side again to see if your problem still exists.

Please share more details if your issue still exists.

Best regards,

Alice.

I was not able to reproduce the problem, so this can be closed

JHobbs
Regular Visitor

Anyone have a suggestion here? I have the same problem. No trigger when new new/modified file in Onedrive for Business folder. The files sync to SP fine, but no trigger.

Hi Alice,

I've a repro of the same behaviour for one of our MPN partners.

It fails to trigger MS Flow when a file is synced from PC to SPO library folder.

If we rename or modify the file in SPO, it triggers the flow.

I got the same issue that the SharePoint / "When a file is created or modified (properties only)" flow is not triggered when a file is created or modified via OneDrive for Business client.

The flow gets triggered if file is created/modified via SharePoint Online or network mapped drive.

Does the SharePoint / "When a file is created or modified (properties only)" flow support OneDrive for Business client?

same here 😕

LH
Frequent Visitor

Same her

any solution in sight?

Same issue, please help. I think you should find why it works for you and not for others.

nightfall
Helper II
Helper II

Hello!
sorry to resurrect this thread, but i just found out i have the same issue... any clue on the solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,004)