cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Misa
Level: Powered On

Single Approval response no longer available

Hi,

After the last update I have noticed that the I no longer have a choice to use a single response as a Dynamic Content choice.  It does not matter whether you choose "Approve/Reject - First to Respond" or "Approve/Reject - Everyone Must Respond", you get the same Dynamic Content choices, for "Everyone must Respond".

Is this a bug or an update that'll force us to have the only those choices available?

Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Single Approval response no longer available

Hi @Misa ,

Could you share more details on your scenario?

Which dynamic content do you want to get from type “First to Respond”?

I will help confirm this issue with more details.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Misa

Hi @v-yamao-msft .

So in this case, i am using an IF statement to determine how the flow will go.    In the images below, I am using the Response Dynamic Content for the flow.

Image 1 shows a flow that was already created.  Image 2 is the newly created flow that does not give the option for for a single response. 

Does this help?

Single.PNGMultiple.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Misa ,

Thanks for sharing more details.

I have tested on my side, dynamic content Response doesn’t exist anymore. However, you could just try with dynamic content Responses, which will work for your scenario as well.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Misa

Hi @v-yamao-msft ,

My apologies for the delayed reply.  My previous reply did not post.  I know that the multiple response option does work but with the size of my workflow, i believe that it may cause confusion.  With the workflow possibly exceeding the maximum allowed "Apply to Each" actions that would be allowed.  <-- not sure what the max would be.  Seems excessive and unnecessary.

My workflow has 4 levels of approval inside of each of the 15 streams.   Considering that i cannot use the copy/paste function within the Switch statements, it will have to be done manually.

Do you know whether it will be added back as an option?

Thank you again for your time.

Highlighted
Misa

Is there an update on this?  Is this a bug?  Using the multiple response options, which activates the Apply to Each condition, is not feasible for my workflow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,622)