cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aussiejedi
Level: Powered On

Solutions: Cannot attach a Solution-based Flow to a Solution-based PowerApp

I am attempting to create a Canvas PowerApp that exists within a Solution to a Flow which exists in the same Solution. I have been unsuccessful.

From the Solution-based PowerApp, I can select to create a new Flow, but after the Flow has been created, it exists outside of the Solution.

I can I create my Flow directly within the Solution and save it, and I can see it exists within the Solution:

flowinasolution.png

My Flow is extremely simple, containing only a PowerApp trigger and a single Compose action (for testing).

flowinasolution3.png

However, from within my Solution-based PowerApp, the Solution-based Flow is not even visible to attach it:

flowinasolution2.png

Note that I can successfully attach a Solution-based PowerApp to a Flow that is not in a Solution, but the net result of this is that the PowerApp is packaged into the Solution, but not the Flow. The behaviour of packaging a PowerApp in a Solution differs from the behaviour when exporting a single PowerApp in isolation. When exporting a single PowerApp, when you import that PowerApp into a destination environment any Flows that are triggered directly by the PowerApp are embedded in the export file from the source environment and are deployed to the destination environment. When a Solution is packaged with a PowerApp inside of it, any Flows associated with that PowerApp are not embedded into the Solution. [Which is why I'm trying to include the Flow in the same Solution as the PowerApp].

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft Employee

Re: Solutions: Cannot attach a Solution-based Flow to a Solution-based PowerApp

This is not yet supported. Solution based flow with PowerApps button trigger is expected to be implemented by around September this year.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @aussiejedi ,

Thanks for feedback.

The issue could be reproduced by me.

From the Solution-based PowerApp, the Solution-based flow is not selectable.

I will help report this issue and back to you once I got any updates.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft Employee

This is not yet supported. Solution based flow with PowerApps button trigger is expected to be implemented by around September this year.

SamWallis

Hey @nickdurak,

This is a feature we are urgently waiting on for automation of our deployment process.

Any chance we could recieve confirmation when this is fixed?

Cheers

Microsoft Employee

@SamWallis we will blog about it in the Flow blog once it is made available. We will also update this thread.

+@kartikraop 

romber

Hi @nickdurak,

I would like to ask if there is any progress towards this topic. Maybe more accurate time since is already September. I'm about to start quite a complex project with powerapps canvas/flow technology at this is a very important topic for me due to lifecycle management and deployment to possibly multiple customers (tenants, environments). 

Microsoft Employee

@kartikraop can you provide any updates on the timeline if possible?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 188 members 4,328 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: