cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerOle

Start and wait for an approval is not working

I created the following simple flow from scratch, didn't use a template.  It connects to a sharepoint list, gets a record, and then connects to a sharepoint group and loops through emails to construct a string with all emails in the group.  Uses the email string in the approval process.

When I do a test run, I do get an approval email.  After clicking the approve button, in the Power Automate browser window the approval tab opens and shows timeout error.

The flow gets stuck in Running status and I have to cancel it.  If anybody had this issue recently, please help if you have a solution.

Some of the solutions suggesting to use the send an email with options. That works, but I don't know how to make it work for "approve and wait - Everyone must approve" option that is available in the approval process.

PowerOle_0-1598972393994.png

2 REPLIES 2
pagonza
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @PowerOle 

Please open a case with Microsoft support, this issue needs further investigation. You can open on https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

Thank you!

Clicked on the link and it opens a page where I don't know what to do.  Didn't find any option to create a request.  Probably didn't have permissions or subscription for support.  Oh well, if I can't do a simple task like approval and it takes me through hoops to get it working, let me look for an elegant solution that will work as advertised.  Also when I looked at some other similar issues, it seems like there are several people struggling with approval process issues.   Thank you for trying to help me though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,400)