cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Template validation failed: 'The 'recurrence' property of trigger 'X' is not defined or valid

Update 01/03/2019: seems like the bug is fixed, it works like a charm again!

Hey All,

I'm new to this community, so please forgive me if this is not the right thread.

Some information to understand where this comes from: I like to automate as much as possible. Because I work 4 days a week (and my day off can differ from time to time) I have to change my OOO-settings every time. On top of that MS Outlook does not have the option to set an OOO-message for a recurring day. Changing the OOO-settings everytime felt quite useless, so I was looking for a solution. MS flow turned out to be my friend:

I created 2 workflows over a year ago:

- Flow 1 to block my calendar when e-mails (sent from my non-work email) with certain words in the subject arrives in my Inbox (e.g. 'Late', 'Sick', 'Block 4'...) Captain Obvious here: MS Flow blocks the next 2 hours, whole day or multiple days in a row in my calendar. Why? That's where my second flow comes in:

- Flow 2 to read my calendar. When a new e-mail arrives, my calendar for today is read. Is there a 'meeting' with a duration for the whole day AND is it set for 'Away' or 'OOO'? Tadaaaaaaa: a personalized OOO-message is sent. MS Flow checks if the sender has a domain from within the company - and if so - it reads the user-profile (first and lastname etc). Before noon? It says goodmorning. All other parts of the email are random too: from the salutation to the body. My co-workers start to think I fool them with a fake ooo-message, and that I'm actually working. *go crazy here*

A month ago or so,  I wanted to tweek some final things, but then this appeared on save:

Flow Error Message

It also happens when creating a new flow, just with one simple trigger:

Create a new Flow

I checked all connections (all good), tried to rebuild the entire thing, but the error appeared again. What worries me (and that's why I post it in the Bug-section) is that it seems to fail on a 'recurrence-property', while there's no recurrence set (there's not even an option).

Any thoughts anyone?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,877)