cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
thijsjochems
Level: Power Up

Template validation failed: 'The 'recurrence' property of trigger 'X' is not defined or valid

Update 01/03/2019: seems like the bug is fixed, it works like a charm again!

Hey All,

I'm new to this community, so please forgive me if this is not the right thread.

Some information to understand where this comes from: I like to automate as much as possible. Because I work 4 days a week (and my day off can differ from time to time) I have to change my OOO-settings every time. On top of that MS Outlook does not have the option to set an OOO-message for a recurring day. Changing the OOO-settings everytime felt quite useless, so I was looking for a solution. MS flow turned out to be my friend:

I created 2 workflows over a year ago:

- Flow 1 to block my calendar when e-mails (sent from my non-work email) with certain words in the subject arrives in my Inbox (e.g. 'Late', 'Sick', 'Block 4'...) Captain Obvious here: MS Flow blocks the next 2 hours, whole day or multiple days in a row in my calendar. Why? That's where my second flow comes in:

- Flow 2 to read my calendar. When a new e-mail arrives, my calendar for today is read. Is there a 'meeting' with a duration for the whole day AND is it set for 'Away' or 'OOO'? Tadaaaaaaa: a personalized OOO-message is sent. MS Flow checks if the sender has a domain from within the company - and if so - it reads the user-profile (first and lastname etc). Before noon? It says goodmorning. All other parts of the email are random too: from the salutation to the body. My co-workers start to think I fool them with a fake ooo-message, and that I'm actually working. *go crazy here*

A month ago or so,  I wanted to tweek some final things, but then this appeared on save:

Flow Error Message

It also happens when creating a new flow, just with one simple trigger:

Create a new Flow

I checked all connections (all good), tried to rebuild the entire thing, but the error appeared again. What worries me (and that's why I post it in the Bug-section) is that it seems to fail on a 'recurrence-property', while there's no recurrence set (there's not even an option).

Any thoughts anyone?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,539)