cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robertcaretta
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Terminating workflows does not kill associated approval queues

I have manually terminated running workflows and the associated approval queues are still active. They are basically orphaned now. How are we suppossed to clean these up? That's a part 2 problem here, no way to forcefully terminate an approval queue here. See screenshots below.

Expected behavior is that whenever a workflow is terminated for the Run History pane that associated approval queues will also terminate.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ bangorkeith,

Do you want to terminate the approval queues when the workflow is turned off?

Turning the workflow OFF does not terminate the approval queues in microsoft flow as you said.

Turning the workflow OFF to terminate the approval queues is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
robertcaretta
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Turning the workflow OFF does not terminate the approval queues.

Deleting the original list item also does not terminate the approval queues.

v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ bangorkeith,

Do you want to terminate the approval queues when the workflow is turned off?

Turning the workflow OFF does not terminate the approval queues in microsoft flow as you said.

Turning the workflow OFF to terminate the approval queues is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

There are 2 issues here.

1) When you terminate a workflow manually it doesn't kill the approval queues right away. For me they sat active for at least another 30-60 minutes. I would expect those associated approvals to kill right away along with the workflow. Eventually the system cleaned itself up, but it felt messy to me. What would happen if an approver took action on one of those items after the workflow has been terminated??  This to me is a bug. 

2) The other item regarding turning workflows off to kill approval queues, yes I would consider that an enhancement request. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,826)