cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aadishjain
Level: Powered On

The action 'List rows present in Excel Table' of Excel Online (Business) gives error 400 while using Orderby

When we use the action "List rows present in Excel Table" of Excel Online (Business) connector, it gives an error 400(Bad Request) while using Order By

Complete message: 

"status": 400,
"message": "Graph API is unable to open the workbook.\r\nclientRequestId: 85d67c1c-f49a-40fa-b316-84ee7b7ea680",
"source": "excelonline-wus.azconn-wus.p.azurewebsites.net",
But it runs successfully without using the Order By and returns the result.error.PNG

All the connections and permissions are identical for both the requests.
The excel file is saved in a document library of a SharePoint site.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: The action 'List rows present in Excel Table' of Excel Online (Business) gives error 400 while using Orderby

Hi @aadishjain ,

I have some updates for you.

It seems that the failure was due to unknown reason and is expected to get fixed automatically which happened with you. In any case, the error is neither in Flow or in Excel online connector. If problem corps up again, and doesn’t get fixed in some time, please reach to us again.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: The action 'List rows present in Excel Table' of Excel Online (Business) gives error 400 while using Orderby

Hi @aadishjain ,

According to your description, I have created a flow with the action List rows present in a table with Order By “number desc”, it is working fine.

1.PNG

The issue could not be confirmed by me.

Please make sure the column name you are using is correct. (Flow is case sensitive)

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
aadishjain

I again tried to run the flow, but the error still persists. Can you give some insights about this error, why this error is occurring ?

Is this environment specific?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @aadishjain ,

I have seen the similar issue on other threads.

Could you please share a URL of your flow?

I will help collect and report it from my side.

Best regards,

Mabel

aadishjain

@v-yamao-msft 

It seems to be an intermittent issue, at this moment it is working perfectly fine (without any change) in my environment too.

Here is the link to my flow: https://us.flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-26a96d9a-19f8-4fcf-b44f-f273fbeb67bc/flows... 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @aadishjain ,

Thanks for updating, I am glad to hear that it is working now.

I have reported this issue and will back to you once I got any updates.

Best regards,

Mabel

aadishjain

Thanks for reporting the issue @v-yamao-msft and will be waiting for updates from your side.

Regards

Aadish jain

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @aadishjain ,

I have some updates for you.

It seems that the failure was due to unknown reason and is expected to get fixed automatically which happened with you. In any case, the error is neither in Flow or in Excel online connector. If problem corps up again, and doesn’t get fixed in some time, please reach to us again.

Best regards,

Mabel

View solution in original post

nizamahmed
Level: Power Up

The issue seems to have started when "Get rows" changed to "List rows".
Now Flow cannot retrieve the list of tables present in the Excel File.
If you try to run the flow then this Error 400 comes up.

Image:

https://github.com/nizam1011/PowerApps-/issues/2#issue-528454012

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,910)