cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VincentVH
Frequent Visitor

The given value for a taxonomy field was not formatted in the required <int>;#<label>|<guid> format

Full errormessage:

The given value for a taxonomy field was not formatted in the required <int>;#<label>|<guid> format.
clientRequestId: 8ded8119-c957-40be-a079-e928d4c4badf
serviceRequestId: 8ded8119-c957-40be-a079-e928d4c4badf

I have a created a flow that generally receives a response from a REST API, processes the response into variables and then feeds 10+ variables (json formatted) to a HTTP POST to update the properties of a SharePoint document set. After a few days of trial-and-error, the flow runs perfectly now in various circumstances.

However, if I re-run the flow on a document set that I have processed before (the flow is triggered manually 'for a given file on SharePoint'), the first action 'get File Properties' fails with the above error message.

VincentVH_1-1609869733189.png

This is a screenshot of a succesful HTTP POST, with the relevant value highlighted in blue:

VincentVH_2-1609870145538.png

As you can see: the value is formatted correctly. Also, the HTTP POST is sucessful, and the browser shows the exact value from the termstore (at least the correct labels). For some reason, a subsequent 'get File properties' results in an error about the syntax of this value.

Some more information:

1. The field that is being updated is a multi-value managed metadata field (although the above example only shows the field being update with a single value). I can confirm the same behavior on document sets where the field is updated with multiple values

2. If the field is updated with a multi-value string, this is the format (taken from another example):

"4;#Class 03|<TermGUID>;#1;#Class 05|<TermGUID>;#2;#Class 16|<TermGUID>"

3. To make this work, I am updating a hidden field, called by its 'internal Name', as described online in many blogs and articles, also here: https://www.aerieconsulting.com/blog/update-using-rest-to-update-a-multi-value-taxonomy-field-in-sha...

4. If I run the flow a first time, then update the managed metadata field manually and run the flow a second time, the error is gone.

Conclusion: The syntax I'm using, is valid for the HTTP POST command to the REST API, but it is not acceptable for the 'get File Properties' action.

What am I doing wrong?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,212)