cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

The "Get calendar view of events" action doesn't accept the Timestamp value of a trigger button

The "Get calendar view of events" action doesn't accept the Timestamp value of a trigger button and the problem seems to be in the timezone value that is part of the Timestamp.

My scenario: When a user triggers a button in the App, I want to send an overview of all upcoming events in his/her calendar. I am using the new "Get calendar view of events" action for that. You can see the Flow below.

snip_20170719185650.png

The error I get:

{ "status": 400, "message": "Invalid value ''2017-07-19T18:49:38 02:00'' for parameter 'Start Time'\r\nclientRequestId: e90bdd8b-0052-493a-ace0-3745b361b8de", "source": "office365connectionprovider-westeurope.am2-ase-001.p.azurewebsites.net" }

I did some troubleshooting. I entered the entire value manually (because the + sign seems to be missing in the value), like this: '2017-07-19T18:49:38+02:00'. Same error. When I manually enter the value like this: '2017-07-19T18:49:38', the action works.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: The "Get calendar view of events" action doesn't accept the Timestamp value of a trigg

Hi @maarteneekels,

I have reproduced your issue:
Capture.PNG

I will update this to the pg and will notice you if I got any information later.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: The "Get calendar view of events" action doesn't accept the Timestamp value of a trigg

Hi @maarteneekels,

For now, please use the formatDateTime function to format the date in the compose to make it accepted by StartTime/EndTime field as a workaround.

For your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/base-types/custom-date-and-time-format-strings

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @v-monli-msft,

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried this, the default format specifier 'o' doesn't work. The timezone offset is parsed as well, and again part of the output. The only format specifier I got it to work with, is 's', the sortable date/time pattern. The problem with this one is though, that it doesn't take the timezone offset into account at all, it transforms the value to UTC. I can hardcode the compose action to add hours again, but that only works when I am always in the same timezone, which I am not.

Cheers,

Maarten

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,486)