cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ahollister Helper I
Helper I

'The template language function 'int' was invoked with a parameter that is not valid. The value cannot be converted to the target type.'.

Hi, I have a flow that is connected to excel and uses the values to populate a sharepoint list. It is returning the date value as a number. I have read other post about this issue and input the following formula in the date values for the create item part of the flow: 

addDays('1899-12-30',int(items('Apply_to_each_2')?['Date']))

Yet, I am still getting an error, i also tried replacing 'int' with 'float' and i get the same error. The dates appears in excel as the following 'mm/dd/yyyy'. 

I also remade the flow to no avail. 
I am not sure what else could be the issue, any suggestions? 
2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: 'The template language function 'int' was invoked with a parameter that is not valid. The value cannot be converted to the target type.'.

Hello,

There are two ways to make it possible.

Option A. Change the type of the column which store the date to "string" format.

(You need to keep the input contents of date format the same way as well.)

1. Copy the area which you would like to change from date to string.

2. Paste the copied cell to a text editor. The cell data will be shown as text format separated by tab.

3. From a text editor, select all and make a copy.

(Ctrl + A ⇒ Ctrl + C)

4. Go back to Excel, and change the original cell's format to sting by set dialog.

The original date will be shown as number, no need to worry about it.

When you overwrite the original cells by pasting the text data (Ctrl + V), the date will be entered as string in the cell.

Option B. With the text function, the date should be converted to a string format and store it in another cell,

and retrieves the value of the converted cell on the flow.

1. Add a column to the Excel table to store string dates. In the cell value, type as follows.

"=TEXT([Date format to be retrieved],[Format you want to retrieve])"

e.g. =TEXT(I2,"yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss")

2. By flow, the created column in 1 will be set in SharePoint date columns with dynamic contents of Excel.

ahollister Helper I
Helper I

Re: 'The template language function 'int' was invoked with a parameter that is not valid. The value cannot be converted to the target type.'.

For option A, steps 1-3 are you referring to changing the SharePoint column type ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (8,281)