Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Todoist APIs are failing

Hello,

All of my Todoist steps are failing with:

"This API endpoint is no longer available. Please refer to our documentation to upgrade your client to use the latest API version"

That includes the built-in integration like displaying the list of projects.

Please help. None of my Todoist flows are working.

Eyal

31 REPLIES 31

You are precisely correct.  I'm already using this incident as a cautionary tale about leveraging Microsoft-provided connectors to public APIs.  While this impacts only my life, if we, as an organization, begin relying on a connector like this to execute business, it being down for several days, weeks, months (who knows how long it'll be before MS fixes this) could be disastrous.  I love Flow and the potential of it, but if connectors aren't being updated and fixed immediately when they break, I can't recommend that we rely on them.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I've just been giving a try to MS Flow this week. And my first attempt failed because of this problem...

Did someone here try to contact the support ? I tried, but somehow I can't even open a window in my navigator to describe the problem (and I tried several navigators). The window seems also to be stucked...

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi All,

The new version is under development right now. 
Approximate ETA is September, 25th

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thank you for the update Barry. Can you let us know if that date slips? I will meanwhile mark my calendar.
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I found a workaround for the create task function. You can create task by email. Just right click the three dots next to the project in Todoist and select "Email task to this project". It gives you an email address and instructions. I just inserted a create email task under the failing Todoist Create Task call and set it to run after has failed, skipped, or timed out. The label function even works. I hope Microsoft adds this when they update the API and fix this bug. Unfortunatly, this does not help you if you need to trigger on or get information from task thought the API.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

It's the 25th.  I know it's just an ETA, but it's been two weeks of patience while part of my workflow has been broken.  An update would be greatly appreciated @v-bacao-msft .  If it's going to take another 2 weeks, I'm going to start looking for alternatives.

Highlighted

@v-bacao-msft could you please provide an updated estimate for this change?

I understand I'm over simplifying, but based on api documentation, restoring a bulk of todoist integration functionality should be as simple as a find replace.

Find: api/v7

Replace with: api/v8

Highlighted

My flows are working again but I had to replace triggers and actions with the new v2 versions. 

Highlighted

@limbic would you mind spending some of your precious time to give more details?

How and where did you find the v2 versions?  Is there a v2 of the todoist connector itself?

Thanks so much in advance!

Highlighted

Apologies. I appear to be in a preview tenant where I see new, alternative versions of triggers and actions. For example, I have a "When a task is created (V2) (Preview) " that works where the original was broken. I presume it is rolling out everywhere soon, but your question is of course valid: When will these be available globally?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,922)