cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephen_moore
Level: Powered On

Trello Rate Limit Exceeded

I have been trying to create a Trello flow that adds new cards from a list to pages in a OneNote section. 

There's even a template for this by Microsoft. It sets up fine, is able to connect to the list and One Note section that I want, but when it tries to run, it errors that the API Rate Limit was exceeded for the Key (Error 429). There is information in Trello's API about the rate limits, but I'm not sure if I have any control over slowing down the calls to reduce hitting the limit. 

At very least, the microsoft template doesn't work for me "out of the box". Trying to reconfigure the settings (reduce conccurrency, reduce retry frequency) has not yielded any change.

https://developers.trello.com/docs/rate-limits#section-limits

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Trello Rate Limit Exceeded

Hi @stephen_moore,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you use the "Create OneNote pages to track Trello cards" built-in template within in your flow?

Further, how many cards created in your Trello list per 10 seconds?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:11.JPG

The flow works successfullly as below:12.JPG

13.JPG

Please consider take a try to clear cache of your browser and re-create your flow from scratch to check if the issue is solved. In addition, please check if the key or token limit was exceeded on your side, if it is, please consider take a try to reduce the amount of requests for Trello API.

Best regards,

kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
stephen_moore

Good morning @v-xida-msft

Yes, I'm using the "Create OneNote pages to track Trello Cards" template. Mine appears to be configured the same way:

2018-02-13_8-05-13.png

The trello board I'm linking to is currently empty, there are no cards. As far as "how many are created in 10 seconds", at the moment, that number should be none. 

I don't know what you mean by "Try reducing your limit to the Trello API". I'm not using the API in anyway, except for this flow task.

2018-02-13_8-09-43.png2018-02-13_8-11-49.png

the contents of the inner headers box is:

Headers
KeyValue
Pragma
no-cache
Vary
Accept-Encoding
X-DNS-Prefetch-Control
off
X-Frame-Options
DENY
Strict-Transport-Security
max-age=15552000
X-Download-Options
noopen
Surrogate-Control
no-store
X-Content-Type-Options
nosniff
Referrer-Policy
strict-origin-when-cross-origin
X-XSS-Protection
1; mode=block
X-Trello-Version
X-Trello-Environment
Production
Access-Control-Allow-Origin
Access-Control-Allow-Methods
GET,PUT,POST,DELETE
Access-Control-Allow-Headers
Authorization,Accept,Content-Type
X-RATE-LIMIT-API-KEY-INTERVAL-MS
X-RATE-LIMIT-API-KEY-MAX
X-RATE-LIMIT-API-KEY-REMAINING
Timing-Allow-Origin
Cache-Control
no-store, must-revalidate, no-cache, max-age=0
Date
Tue, 13 Feb 2018 13:07:57 GMT
ETag
W/"42-ace2b4f0"
Set-Cookie
dsc=a121b7fff41cdad75e14a83423e4e4b85af357135d1ebc106dc37dfeb11b7a1d; Path=/; Expires=Fri, 16 Feb 2018 13:07:57 GMT; Secure
Content-Length
Content-Type
application/json; charset=utf-8
Expires
Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
risingson

Hi @stephen_moore, have you solved this problem? Uncovered any new information? I'm having similar issues with a custom template I created to create a card in Trello every time an item is added to a Sharepoint list. As far as I understand I am not making 300 requests every 10 seconds, far from it actually. So I don't understand why this would be happening. I've talked with Trello support and they've asked me for the API key I'm using but as far as I know Flow does not use an API key. It never asked me for one, just for authentication. 

stephen_moore

Nope, sorry. It was just weird that the out of the box templates were doing the same thing. This was sort of a "nice to have" endeavour so I didn't end up pursuing it any further. Hope you're able to have some success.

jamahl
Level: Power Up

Hey

I've been experienced a very similar problem, I am seeing error 429 saying that my rate limit has been exceeded.. what I can't work out is why. 

I have had 0 flows running and 0 calls happen, but the flow is automatically failing and returning a 429. 

Any help Microsoft please?

jose_pires

I've got the same error described in this post. However, that occurred when the List in Trello was empty. As soon as I added a new card in the list, trigger error 429 disappered in Microsoft Flow.

jose_pires

I would like to take back my comment. Error 429 occurs even when there are cards in Trello's list. It shows up like in the image below. However, the flow continues to work as normal. When I create a new card in the list, it runs successfully.

Error 429.png

rubensmoc

I am having the same problem using Microsoft Flow templates.

GREGHR

Hi, same here. 

Maybe it is a more general problem ?

@rubensmoc wrote:

I am having the same problem using Microsoft Flow templates.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 341 members 5,821 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: