cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

UFilter Array with List Group members does not find dynamic content for the Group

When using [Filter Array] to find a specific member UPN in an Office 365 Group list output from the [List Group Members] action, the [Filter Array] action does not find any dynamic content for the group other than the [Value] list.

This makes Filter Array pretty much useless in this context. 

When using Filter Array to find a Group in a list of Groups output from the [List my Groups] action, a full complement of dynamic content is available, including [Group Name] - why doesn't [List Group Members] work the same way, and provide at least the Member UPN as a dynamic field?

UPDATE:

After wrestling with this for a while, I went back to it one last time, and - whoo-hoo! - suddenly I have the dynamic content I was looking for to test for existence of a particular member.

Not looking gift horses in the mouth, or anything, but it does seem inconsistent...

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Could you provide the detailed repro steps?

*Step 1: List Group Members for Group = (variables[GroupID])

*Step 2: Filter Array (List_Group_Members?[Value]) BY (List_Group_Members?[Mail] = variables[UserEmail])

When I first added the Filter Array step, the dynamic content drop-down did not show any items for selection from the List Group Members step other than the [Value] field.  After deleting and re-adding the Filter Array action multiple times over a period of many hours over multiple days, finally I got the dynamic data I expected to see displayed and was able to complete the "BY" clause for the filter, which is now working.

Don't know why I wasn't seeing dynamic data from the List Group Members step in the Filter Array dynamic data to begin with, but it was very frustrating.

*Company policy discourages posting screen snips.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (11,855)