cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft Employee

Unable to parse template language expression 'encodeURIComponent(triggerBody(['text'])'

I was able to create and run a Flow with a custom API just fine (cool!) but if I go back into the Flow and click 'Update Flow' without making any changes it produces this error:

The template validation failed: 'The template action 'Subscription_(by_ID)' at line '1' and column '802' is not valid: "Unable to parse template language expression 'encodeURIComponent(triggerBody(['text'])': expected token 'Identifier' and actual 'LeftSquareBracket'.".'.

To make this worse the Flow UI does not allow me to edit or remove the offending Action, so the only fix is to delete the whole Flow and create it again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft Employee

Re: Unable to parse template language expression 'encodeURIComponent(triggerBody(['text'])'

This turned out to be an issue with the designer (the flows executed fine, but were not rendering properly).

The workaround was to append a trailing '/' to the API URL in my Custom API, now it works great!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unable to parse template language expression 'encodeURIComponent(triggerBody(['text'])'

Hi @craig-martin,

Thanks for the feedback.

I suspect the reason for this should be that once the configuration has been finished, the flow you have configured become hardcoded in some way.

Would it be available for you to share your Flow Running details URL?

You should be able to notice there are Flows and Runs mentioned in the URL

https://flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-9e5106xxxxxxxa5-41a2-89a9-9785a9d6c706/ flows /6c37####-3cfa-4f19-9811-e80d90fe1b30/ runs /085870943684348449&&&&561592

The Number followed them should be the corresponding ID, please copy them and paste here, I will then forward that for further investigation.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft Employee

This turned out to be an issue with the designer (the flows executed fine, but were not rendering properly).

The workaround was to append a trailing '/' to the API URL in my Custom API, now it works great!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,474)