cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to process template language expressions in Custom Connector

Hi,

I'm already sitting the second day on a problem I can not solve - I want to configure the Custom Connector to reach Azure Function from my MS Flow. Configures the FA, generates a proper API Definition (tests Postman as well as from the level of this OpenAPI configurator in AF), exports to PowerApps + Flow, setup connection and ...in MS Flow blocks appear, can be picked but once tested out it failed:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'GetHttpTriggerCSharp1' inputs at line '1' and column '2484': 'The template language expression' json (decodeBase64 (triggerOutputs (). Headers ['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']) ) ['$ connections'] [' shared_translationcc.5f936381b248f60c56.5fe58c2ca0f3b6e6ce '] [' connectionId ']' can not be evaluated because property 'shared_translationcc.5f936381b248f60c56.5fe58c2ca0f3b6e6ce' does not exist, available properties are 'shared_office365'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details. '.

screen
Unfortunately publishing the connector does not help.

I will be grateful for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unable to process template language expressions in Custom Connector

Recreating new flow from scratch solve the issue (republishing of the connector did not help).

I discovered that once other block (Office 365 Outlook - Send an email) failed with very similar issue:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_an_email' inputs at line '1' and column '2514': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_office365']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_office365' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

Which was really akward to me since I've used that action multiple times before with success (in the very same flow and in the other flows as well).

18 REPLIES 18
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

The error message says that property 'shared_translationcc’ doesn’t exist, available properties are 'shared_office365'. Do you have the property 'shared_translationcc’ in the Swagger?

Please check the Swagger definition on your side. Hope the following docs could be your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/register-custom-api

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-yamao-msft,

Props you mentioned are not mine. That's why I'm posting my problem here - it seems that MS team should take a look on it. 

Property "shared_translationcc" has been automatically created when I created connector (it has "shared_" prefix and my custom connector name that is "translationcc"). 

My Swagger definition looks like this (I replaced my app name with <myAppName>)

swagger: '2.0'
info:
  title: <myAppName>.azurewebsites.net
  version: 1.0.0
host: <myAppName>.azurewebsites.net
basePath: /
schemes:
  - https
  - http
paths:
  /api/HttpTriggerCSharp1:
    get:
      operationId: GetHttpTriggerCSharp1
      description: Get basic data
      produces:
        - application/json
      consumes:
        - application/json
      parameters:
        - in: query
          name: name
          description: test
          x-ms-summary: test
          required: false
          type: string
      responses:
        '200':
          description: Success operation
          x-ms-summary: Message
          schema:
      security:
        - apikeyQuery: []
  /api/HttpTriggerPython31:
      description: GetPost stream
      produces:
        - application/json
      consumes:
        - application/json
      parameters:
        - name: body
          in: body
          description: Hours and capacity used to calculate costs
          x-ms-summary: Hours and capacity
          x-ms-visibility: important
          required: true
          schema:
      responses:
        '200':
          description: Success operation
          x-ms-summary: Message
          schema:
      security:
        - apikeyQuery: []
  /api/SimpleResponse: {}
  /api/testToMetadataExtraction: {}
definitions: {}
securityDefinitions:
  apikeyQuery:
    type: apiKey
    name: code
    in: query

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recreating new flow from scratch solve the issue (republishing of the connector did not help).

I discovered that once other block (Office 365 Outlook - Send an email) failed with very similar issue:

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_an_email' inputs at line '1' and column '2514': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_office365']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_office365' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

Which was really akward to me since I've used that action multiple times before with success (in the very same flow and in the other flows as well).

Super User
Super User

This happens WAY too often.  I have worked on a flow for a week that has this issue with a Get Rows action.  It has nearly 30 steps, and I have to recreate it?  That brings me to near vulgarity.  There must be another way!

degvalentine
Level: Powered On

This is a very frustrating issue, but there's actually a manageable workaround: export flow then import it as a new one.

I originally found it here after having similar issues: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/property-shared-office365-doesn-t-exist/td-p/1296....

Super User
Super User

I wish this were made much clearer much earlier on.  I wasted hours on this myself.  

@degvalentine

Good reference, however.  Too many issues like this to keep track of.

CTofts1

Just an FYI, this is also occurring for me. I have a very complex, condition heavy Flow that would take literally hours to rebuild, and it is attached to a PowerApp I am currently working on. I used the same method of export, rename, import, reconnect to PowerApps.

I have raised this directly with Microsoft via a support ticket. The more the merrier right? It's absurd that you can spend hours building a Flow, for it to fail for absolutely no reason four days later, as has happened with me. Sort it out MS.

Super User
Super User

@CTofts1,

I found that simply adding people picker columns to a list will kill your flow.  Even if that is all you do.  Not sure if it still does it, but it was a 100% contition a couple months ago.  I'm sure there are other things seemingly unrealted that may do the same.  I did track it down to the Get Items and Update Items actions.  If I deleted those, and recreated them, that would take care of it.  However, so many references to those actions that it was not much less than recreating the entire flow.  

I never did export/import method.  Did not know about it until recently.

Highlighted
degvalentine

Found another workaround which is easier but less reliable: Test Flow with manual trigger.

2018-10-30 16_37_34-OneNote.png

After clicking the "Test Flow" and selecting "I'll perform the trigger action", a dialog appears that will map connections.

2018-10-30 16_41_01-Photos.png

It worked for me once.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 52 members 4,362 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: