I'm already sitting the second day on a problem I can not solve - I want to configure the Custom Connector to reach Azure Function from my MS Flow. Configures the FA, generates a proper API Definition (tests Postman as well as from the level of this OpenAPI configurator in AF), exports to PowerApps + Flow, setup connection and ...in MS Flow blocks appear, can be picked but once tested out it failed:
InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'GetHttpTriggerCSharp1' inputs at line '1' and column '2484': 'The template language expression' json (decodeBase64 (triggerOutputs (). Headers ['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']) ) ['$ connections'] [' shared_translationcc.5f936381b248f60c56.5fe58c2ca0f3b6e6ce '] [' connectionId ']' can not be evaluated because property 'shared_translationcc.5f936381b248f60c56.5fe58c2ca0f3b6e6ce' does not exist, available properties are 'shared_office365'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details. '.
Unfortunately publishing the connector does not help.
I will be grateful for your help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
@martinav it really is frustrating. No people pickers in my list, in fact, all columns are either single line or multiple lines of text columns as they're purely for reference after submission. I do have some JSON column formatting going on, but there's no logical reason as to why this would have any effect.
Just to update, this hasn't fallen over for the last few weeks. So I'm running tests hundreds of times a day with one eye shut. Still awaiting a response to my support ticket.
This issue has happened to me quite a bit - different connectors, but the same error - a new step or modified step suddenly doesn't see the connector from before.
I believe I have the cause narrowed down, and it's definitely a bug. The action that 'corrupts' the flow for me every time: I change the action's connection, save/test, and now I get that error and it never goes away. Once I rebuild from scratch, it works as though nothing was wrong. I change a connection on any action - happens all over again.
Until Microsoft fixes this, I've been exporting my flows to back them up whenever I need to make any major changes - a backup copy helps because I can import to replace the corrupted copy in case any changes cause an action to corrupt again.
So, you are saying if you change the connection in "My Connections" (shown below), that is what has caused you the issue? Do you know if it is 100%?
I have found a 100% flow corruptor is for a Sharepoint list. If you add a People Picker column, your toast. You have to at least delete your "Get Item" actions that call that list. Of course, Get Item is tied to everything else, so you delete all tags referencing that action, and remake them. Might be easier in some cases to start over.
@martinav, so far my impression has been 50 to 75% of the time as I've not dedicated time towards confirming for 100%. I now avoid changing connections 100% of the time and have not once had the corruption happen since then.
I'll look at spending 30 minutes towards confirming if it's 100% of the time with a few samples and different actions and connectors. I'll be back by Saturday with results.
Hi @degvalentine !
Thanks for posting your workaround. My flow was "stuck" when I tried "Run from previous tests". I had to choose "I'll trigger".
Trigger type: Flow Button
Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_item' inputs at line '1' and column '2562': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_sharepointonline_1']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_sharepointonline_1' doesn't exist, available properties are ''.
I had the same issue with trying to add a task to a flow. I'm unable to a add a planner task or an outlook task does anyone have any ideas? Also where is the box to "assign" the tasks?
InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_a_task' inputs at line '1' and column '2643': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_outlooktasks']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_outlooktasks' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline, shared_approvals'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.
It appears to be Microsoft's solution - save your flow as a new one, then relink it to powerapps.
Mine broke because I was mucking about with connections.
I hit this problem again with a PowerApps trigger. Since this wasn't during Flow development (adding a new connector's action), my past solution of using the "I'll trigger this" option isn't viable.
I got around the terrible "delete/restore" solution by creating a new connection for the failing action - one with the same credentials as the failing one. As an added precaution, I also removed the old connection from the Flow by clicking on the "Share" dialog and clicking the "X" near the now unused connection.
Hopefully this spares someone out there struggling with this.
Learn how to create your own user groups today!
Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!
Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.