cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CTofts1
Level: Powered On

Re: Unable to process template language expressions in Custom Connector

@martinav it really is frustrating. No people pickers in my list, in fact, all columns are either single line or multiple lines of text columns as they're purely for reference after submission. I do have some JSON column formatting going on, but there's no logical reason as to why this would have any effect.

Just to update, this hasn't fallen over for the last few weeks. So I'm running tests hundreds of times a day with one eye shut. Still awaiting a response to my support ticket.

VictoriaH

This issue has happened to me quite a bit - different connectors, but the same error - a new step or modified step suddenly doesn't see the connector from before.

I believe I have the cause narrowed down, and it's definitely a bug. The action that 'corrupts' the flow for me every time: I change the action's connection, save/test, and now I get that error and it never goes away. Once I rebuild from scratch, it works as though nothing was wrong. I change a connection on any action - happens all over again.

Until Microsoft fixes this, I've been exporting my flows to back them up whenever I need to make any major changes - a backup copy helps because I can import to replace the corrupted copy in case any changes cause an action to corrupt again.

Super User
Super User

@VictoriaH,

So, you are saying if you change the connection in "My Connections" (shown below), that is what has caused you the issue?  Do you know if it is 100%?

I have found a 100% flow corruptor is for a Sharepoint list.  If you add a People Picker column, your toast.  You have to at least delete your "Get Item" actions that call that list.  Of course, Get Item is tied to everything else, so you delete all tags referencing that action, and remake them.  Might be easier in some cases to start over.  

image.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@degvalentine

You saved my day!

Thankx for sharing!

If anybody solved your question, remember to mark its post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

VictoriaH

@martinav, so far my impression has been 50 to 75% of the time as I've not dedicated time towards confirming for 100%. I now avoid changing connections 100% of the time and have not once had the corruption happen since then. 

I'll look at spending 30 minutes towards confirming if it's 100% of the time with a few samples and different actions and connectors. I'll be back by Saturday with results.

Super User
Super User

Hi @degvalentine !

Thanks for posting your workaround. My flow was "stuck" when I tried "Run from previous tests". I had to choose "I'll trigger".

Trigger type: Flow Button

Error message

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_item' inputs at line '1' and column '2562': 
'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_sharepointonline_1']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated
because property 'shared_sharepointonline_1' doesn't exist, available properties are ''.

Fix

• When I clicked "I'll perform trigger action", I was prompted to allow Flow to use my Location in browser. Apparently this is because the Flow Button captures Lat/Long as part of its operation.
  • Clicking Allow worked here

image.png

ashmon07

I had the same issue with trying to add a task to a flow. I'm unable to a add a planner task or an outlook task does anyone have any ideas? Also where is the box to "assign" the tasks?

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_a_task' inputs at line '1' and column '2643': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_outlooktasks']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_outlooktasks' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline, shared_approvals'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

smorley

This solution worked for me.  So much easier than recreating the Flow.  Very buggy.

johnnyshield

It appears to be Microsoft's solution - save your flow as a new one, then relink it to powerapps.

Mine broke because I was mucking about with connections.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4477072/best-practices-updating-a-flow-used-by-a-powerapp

Highlighted
degvalentine
Level 8

I hit this problem again with a PowerApps trigger. Since this wasn't during Flow development (adding a new connector's action), my past solution of using the "I'll trigger this" option isn't viable.

I got around the terrible "delete/restore" solution by creating a new connection for the failing action - one with the same credentials as the failing one. As an added precaution, I also removed the old connection from the Flow by clicking on the "Share" dialog and clicking the "X" near the now unused connection.

Hopefully this spares someone out there struggling with this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 299 members 6,410 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: