cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanperrymba Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Unable to process template language expressions in Custom Connector

Found this issue was due to login credetnials.  In my case, I created a flow, tested it, then later added a step to create a sharepoint folder. Because the sharepoint step wasn't present when I first tested the flow, subsequent tests using the same source data failed.  Once I logged out and back in and retriggered the flow from Dynamics (Using the CDS When a Record is Selected trigger), the system asked for authorization to access both Dynamics and Sharepoint and ran fine.  It was this initilization before adding the steps that needed addtional security that caused the issue. 

Jambo1 Advocate II
Advocate II

@ryanperrymba also came to the conclusions this was a credentials issue. in my case the flow was created by owner A.

I came in and made a small update to create an item as co-owner B the step kept failing due to this error. I changed the connection to be owner A and it worked fine.

jambo

DennisKuhn1 Advocate I
Advocate I

@ericonline Thanks for the solution to run the flow with "I'll perform the trigger action" instead of "Use data from previous run". That fixed it for me. It seems, "Use data from previous run" uses corrupt connection details as well.

Highlighted
ryanperrymba Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @DennisKuhn1 , It isn't that the connection data is corrup, it is that you've added additional connections / changed them, and the cached data run does not include the updated / correct connection data.  If you add steps to the workflow requiring new connections, the old runs don't contain the connection info for these. 

MonkJM1
Regular Visitor

Worked for me, great save @degvalentine, phew

DudelerDad
Frequent Visitor

I was having a I hate flow day but your suggestion worked like a charm, Export and then Import.

Thank you.

yashkamdar Advocate I
Advocate I

Sometimes the issue gets resolved simply by removing the connection for the corresponding connector and adding it back to Flow connections by authentication using the credentials which is the exact same thing that @ryanperrymba did in a different way. 

DeeTronSEAM Advocate III
Advocate III

Muchos gracias to @degvalentine .  I'd about gotten out the "Remington 12ga 00 MicroAdjuster Tool" and blown a flipping hole in my laptop with all the frustration from "misaligned" connections in my Flows.

The Test with I'll Trigger also works, but many of my flows are launched by HTTP Request and it's a pain to setup Postman for every Flow.  So.....

I've found that the export(as New) / Delete / Import works 95% of the time.  When it doesn't, I delete the problematic connection from the Flow and create a new one from the now-disconnected action's menu list.  So, yeah, I have a few connections whose names end with "(5)" or other numbers to remind me how much the stupid issue has hit me.

One thing to note for those who haven't re-created (via import after delete of original) a PowerApp+Flow package before:

Even though the Flow name may be the same from your import, you probably need to "reconnect" the PApp app to any connected flows.  The code may show the right name, but it seems the actual binding is using something else (e.g. a GUID?).

To "Reconnect" the PowerApp to a connected Flow, you need to:

1. edit the app in PowerApps Studio and delete the flow from the Data Sources screen (View menu > Data Sources). 
  2. Now, go to the place(s) that invokes the flow. E.g. MyScreen > MyFlowGoButton.OnSelect.
  3. COPY ALL THE TEXT IN THAT FORMULA INTO SOME OTHER PLACE (e.g. Notepad text file) as PApps is about to erase it all when we do the next step.  
  4. With your cursor back in the formula textbox (e.g. OnSelect property), click on the Action menu and then the Power Automate sub-menu item (button?).  This will open the Data pane where you can select the Flow (i.e. the one you recreated via import as New). POOF! Goodbye old OnSelect formula!
  5. Copy your original formula from the text file MAKING SURE YOUR OLD CODE IS CORRECTED to reflect the Flow name IF the original flow name was different than the one you (re)created with your import.

Nothing like losing 50 lines of PApps no-code "code" to piss you off....well, second to all this nonsense about misaligned connections in the first place.

Hope that helps someone.  Kudos to the others who found these various "workarounds."  I can't see how I'd have ever figured any of these out alone...at least not before throwing my laptop at the wall.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (5,720)