cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Unable to process template language expressions in Custom Connector

Interestingly enough... I just ran across this issue 1year later and had to look up the solution here. 

+1 for the community!

-1 for the bug still existing!

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Grrrr... deleting then recreating the Connection worked... for a while. Then: BAM! more fun.. Unfortunately, these Flow takes photos from a PowerApp and creates a beautiful PDF from them... until this error hits. Then the PDF is not good. Its very difficult to recover these photos. I have to download the raw base64, convert it manually, save the photos to SP, then manually run the PDF Flow again...

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi all,

I have been fighting this one all afternoon - Powerapp on a android tablet calling a flow.

Note that the flow is continually being developed and this is where the issue seems to be eminating from;

stan_gifford_0-1594966674624.png

If you look at the error you will see it cannot evaluate shared_commondataservice_1 - but shared common_dataservice is available.

To fix it I did the following.

1. Export the flow (zip file)

2. Removed the common data service connector from the environment.

3. Add the common data service back into the environment.

Then the real fix.

Open the exported zip file and navigate until you get to here

stan_gifford_1-1594966854314.png

In all three json files do a replace of shared_commondataservice_1 to shared_commondataservice

At the bottom of definition.json you may need to remove a duplicate of

"connectionReferences": {

"shared_commondataservice": {
                "connectionName""49753ba7a69a49efb30c0f72472220b9",
                "source""Invoker",
                "id""/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apis/shared_commondataservice",
                "tier""NotSpecified"
            }
        },

which will be at the bottom of the file.

Then import the flow and call it something new.

Worked for me!

Stan

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Super annoying! i wish they could sort it out 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I'm also getting this error on a very complex flow that will take many hours to rebuild from scratch. Two years on, and MS still hasn't fixed the issue.

Hey, Microsoft, this is what happens when you don't bother testing your products before releasing them. Your user base is not a valid QA team!

Highlighted

In my case, I solved it, by recalling the flow action.... delete the code in powerapps that's instatiating that action and do it again... so that powerapps can "refresh" the call

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@CristinaV 

Unfortunately, removing and rewriting the code that calls the flow in PowerApps isn't always an option. In a couple of my apps, flows are called from PowerApps—in a few cases multiple flows in one process—that are attached to very complex and/or lengthy logic. As soon as you try to re-add the flow instance to the procedure, PowerApps simply removes all the code in that procedure, and often—but seemingly randomly—all the code in every property of that object.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Uff, I was hopeing to find a straight forward solution, thinking I had messed up and done something wrong. I am happy to see that I did correctly, but unhappy to see that it is an issue that may reappear in the future randomly. In my case, I cannot rewrite the code because it is just way too long. And I cannot export and import as new, as it is some columns in sharepoint that contain a link with the JSON code that calls for this flow, meaning that I will need to update the code in over 50 sites? (I haven't found yet how to create a column automatically with this JSON code every time a new site is created...)

Changing the owner of the flow worked, so thanks a million.

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,950)