cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kostasoul
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unable to see output of a compose action in run history

We're trying to debug a flow that had a null value submitted somewhere it shouldn't have.

One of the actions we have wont expand when clicked on.  In previous runs of the same flow, this action expands just fine and shows the output.

The reason we are trying to debug this particular flow is that an unexpected null got into our inputs, and then an apply to each block tried to process it.

I think this would be one for Microsoft support since it'd be a bug in the UX but we dont have our Premier Power Automate Plan and Support yet (currently in the process of renewing our enterprise license for which we'll add it in)

If anyone here has the capacity to engage MS, or a way I can pass on the environment, flow and run id so they can take a look, that would be appreciated.

The only other way I could suggest to reproduce this is to take an array of strings from a previous action body that has a null in it.  Create a compose action with the expression union(body('previous_action'),body('previous_action')) and see if the run history of that action has the null in it. 

11 REPLIES 11

Looks like someone at Microsoft listened, and the ability to raise New Support Requests just for Power Platform and Dynamics has returned to this screen.

new support request returned.png

Thanks for listening to reason

Should also note that the original bug was raised to Microsoft support and was claimed to be fixed in a future release (early 2020)

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,667)